Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny vs Floyd - CompuBox stats vs Cotto

Manny landed 336 of 780 at 43% vs Cotto

Floyd landed only 179 of 687 at 26% vs a less than prime Cotto

Hell Manny almost landed 100 (276) more power punches against Cotto than Floyd landed total punches.

No wonder Floyd won't take the fight. Manny is a buzzsaw that Floyd wants no part of. I don't blame him.

Comment

• Manny fought Cotto at 45 while Floyd fought him at 54. Cotto was self trained when he fought Pac while he actually had a good solid trainer against May. Styles make fights.

Comment

• roach knew to drain cotto to 145, cotto is still prime in my eyes, took a few beatings but thats it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTN View Post
          Manny fought Cotto at 45 while Floyd fought him at 54. Cotto was self trained when he fought Pac while he actually had a good solid trainer against May. Styles make fights.
          Cotto looked less than stellar against a used up Margarito just a few months ago. Yet he looked good vs Floyd. Say what you want, but Floyd's best days are behind him. He's gonna be a victim if he takes the Manny fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTN View Post
            Manny fought Cotto at 45 while Floyd fought him at 54. Cotto was self trained when he fought Pac while he actually had a good solid trainer against May. Styles make fights.
            Originally posted by VanillaBuron View Post
            roach knew to drain cotto to 145, cotto is still prime in my eyes, took a few beatings but thats it.
            The argument that he was drained holds no water... he came in at 146 in his previous fight vs Clottey. Cotto was in perfect shape and gave a valiant effort, Manny was just too much for him.

Comment

• Manny will not land nearly as much on Floyd as he did on Cotto.

Even Manny himself knows that.

Comment

• Good research! Now if you would be so kind as to post the compubox punch stats for both Mayweather and Pacquiao's recent fights against Juan Manuel Marquez...................

Or how about Ali's and Foreman's punch stats against common opponents, Norton and Frazier. I'm sure the clue in how their fight would go was in there..... wasn't it?

As said, styles make fights.

Comment

• Or even better, what about the punches taken by both fighters? You forgot that part (for all the use they are in determining the outcome of a fight with each other).

Comment

• Whats funny to me is compubox was counting punches for Floyd that didnt land..

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      Manny will not land nearly as much on Floyd as he did on Cotto.

Even Manny himself knows that.
                      More importantly, Roach understands that. Roach hopes Pac can see what he sees.

Roach has already failed once at training a fighter to fight Floyd...

Comment

Working...
                      X