Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
    lots of close rounds
    I have to agree here, lots of close rounds and a lot of them did go to floyd...

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      Well yeah, we are not professionally licensed judges, and we have enough bad judges in boxing as it is. I just do my best to score fights fairly but apparently I've got it all wrong. Apparently, being defensive is more important than actually throwing punches
      Effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, clean and hard punching.

These are the factors that go into judging a round.

Cotto wasn't significantly busier, if at all.

Comment

Well yeah, we are not professionally licensed judges, and we have enough bad judges in boxing as it is. I just do my best to score fights fairly but apparently I've got it all wrong. Apparently, being defensive is more important than actually throwing punches

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        If Floyd was bobbing, weaving, and slipping all them punches without getting touched ala Whitaker, I would say that he can win the round just on defensive brilliance. Truth is, although he was blocking many shots, he was still getting hit on the arms, shoulders, etc. I personally would give a round like that to the fighter who's busier, pushing the action, and being the agressor over the one who's just playing the ropes and taking the hits regardless if he's blocking many of them or not.

^^^^^^^This.

Comment

• Originally posted by hehellacool View Post
          Yea its because you are Puerto Rican and NO you do not know alot about Boxing. Cotto is one of my favorite athletes, forget boxers, and I couldnt give him for than 3 rds
          I gave Cotto rounds 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 as Cotto's clear rounds. round 10 or 11 could have been a Cotto round. shame in you judges with $ GBP money in their pockets.

there where a lot of close rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            not even that Floyd was throwing more then Cotto in most of those rounds
            This is true......

Comment

You cannot win a round by just blocking punches...
              And you can't win a round not landing clean effective punches

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I'm not puerto rican and I had Cotto winning the fight easily.

Remember close rounds go to the champ aka Cotto.

And to those saying it was a draw, that really means Cotto won since in order to BE the champ, you have to BEAT the champ

^^This.

Comment

• Gave Cotto round 6,8,9 and 10 and yes i was generous to him because he actually took the fight to Mayweather, The problem is if you score the fight based on punches landed in each round then you would probably end up scoring the fight like 11-1 or 10-2 in Mayweather's favour.

Comment

• I had it tied going into the 8th then Cotto took the 9th off and lost all of the momentum.

Comment

• i watched it twice and seems like cotto was fighting like the challenger, more agressive took more chances ect. reminds me alot of hagler v leonard. i know technically mayweather might have the compu box numbers to his side but its just not the same watching a guy whos not really fighting but just playing a game. anyones whos boxed knows its easier to counter punch hear and there than to try to really fight your opponent and hurt them. maximum respect to both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X