Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: "A seven-day cutoff is quite REASONABLE but Floyd still REFUSED to budge"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
    I just want this ****in fight to happen.
    18 days, 14 days, 7 days. IDFC!! It's Mayweather that started this ****storm and I say I blame HIM more so than Pac for this fight not to happen.

Hell you know what? Just give them BOTH the same doses of PEDS and give Pac xylocaine (to make it fair since Floyd always fights with them) and put them in the ****in ring already!!

/rant
    Look at it this way.

Floyd agreed to:

8oz gloves
    50 50 split..despite killing Manny in PPV#s
    10 million for every pound over 147..

Manny on the other hand...flat out refused to budge at all.He even wanted to be NOTIFIED when the test would take place.

Imagine if it were reversed and Floyd claimed he was scared of needles and needed to know when the tests would happen....You'd have a right to blame him then...but you won't put it on Manny.

I REALLY WONDER WHY???????????????????

Floyd has done more to make this fight than Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      you are correct. we don't know the process of how the dates were chosen. a little transparency goes a long way.

but we do know why the USADA choose to cut off the testing for wifebeater/mosley at 18 days is because they didn't want anyone blaming a bad performance on the drug testing. that is an arbitrary decision.

offically, no. but there was indeed a cut off.

right. but in the case of wifebeater/mosley, there was an arbitrary decision to disallow testing 18 days before the fight, instead of a contractual decision to disallow testing 7 days before the fight. so 7 days is still better than 18 days.

officially there wasn't, but in actuality there was a cut off day... 18 days.

c'mon man, why would anyone take PEDs within a week before the fight?

1) training camp is over
      2) the advantage of using a PED within a week of a fight is nil
      3) There still is urine testing all the way up to the fight
      4) the testers can still pop up at any moment day or night
      Testing was never disallowed at any point. They could have tested at any time they wanted right up to the day of the fight, meaning there was never a cutoff. What Manny wants, and what the USADA did for the Mosley vs Mayweather fight are different.

As for what testing is necessary and when, I'll leave that up to the experts, not Bob Arum or anyone on team Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by NesNY View Post
        Give it a rest.

Neither of these fighters will deal with anyone who will dictate terms to them. They don't need each other and make it blatantly obvious.

The sport itself needs this fight, but the fighters don't.
        Thank you! The fans need it, the fighters can take it or leave it... probably the best post on this topic, short and to the point.

It aint happening this year, **** whos to blame cause IMO both are as bad as each other, lets just enjoy whatever fights come up and see if it will happen next year (big maybe, both guys egos get in the way too much).

Comment

• Originally posted by V-3 View Post
          Manny and Roach have both said that Tony was cheating before. Where/what is their proof of Tony cheating?
          I'm not Manny or Roach, nor do I represent them.

Call the Wildcard gym if you're so curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            Floyd Mayweather was just NEVER INTERESTED IN PACQUIAO

Clues to back up this claim..
            1. Excessive drug testing with no merit of proof the opponent is on PED's
            2. Denying negotiations were being made
            3. Statements of retirement
            4. Statements saying not thinking about boxing
            5. No statement when Drug Demands were met.
            ALL FACTS....
            FLOYD WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN PACQUIAO...
            LETS PUT IT TO REST NOW
            i like floyd but what u have said are true. Floyd just don't want to fight pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Pac fans will win every poll in here because this board is overun with kids that like Tonka Tuff and GI Joe they have very poor under developed consideration of evidence skills , they cant decipher hype from fact and fact from lies , they have no idea of the cronological timeline its all whatever suits on the day , kids will be kids dont make out this board is the wisdom of boxing its closer to Romper Room and Sesame Street .
              Yeah I am sure the media who says Floyd is ducking and Pac is game are also little kids who like Tonka. As a matter of fact, I bet in your world, anyone who agrees that Floyd ducked Pac is a kid. Pac fans are aligned with popular opinion of the media and most other boxing and sports fans. Just ask most of the Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. and even a bunch of black fans would agree that Mayweather ducked. Ask other boxers like Duran, Leonard, Holyfield, Hagler, hearns, etc and they'll tell you who ducked who... I guess they are little kids as well... You better revamp your thinking braddah. That poll is a proper reflection of what people think about this fiasco. But like I said you do what you do to face reality bro. Denial helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                Yeah I am sure the media who says Floyd is ducking and Pac is game are also little kids who like Tonka. As a matter of fact, I bet in your world, anyone who agrees that Floyd ducked Pac is a kid. Pac fans are aligned with popular opinion of the media and most other boxing and sports fans. Just ask most of the Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. and even a bunch of black fans would agree that Mayweather ducked. Ask other boxers like Duran, Leonard, Holyfield, Hagler, hearns, etc and they'll tell you who ducked who... I guess they are little kids as well... You better revamp your thinking braddah. That poll is a proper reflection of what people think about this fiasco. But like I said you do what you do to face reality bro. Denial helps.
                We already worked out what majority means in the other thread that you ran out of and its definetly not the meaning of right and wrong , its the result of hype and publicity , the mob element , you know . all about hip hip horay lets go roll over some cars because out team lost , this is your majority lol , Manny image is more publicly liked than Floyd but they pay Floyd more than they pay Manny to see him fight , more of Floyds fans will pay to see him than Mannys will , they steal the fight which goes along with the whole cheat scene dont it ,, but just to play your silly game there is just as much being said in the legit media not examiner and the Vespers of boxing scene that are nothing more than fanboys beating their own drum , the media that goes free to air on the 6 oclock news world wide , many other world class athletes have sided with Floyd on this issue , its not majority rules buddy as you will find out .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  We already worked out what majority means in the other thread that you ran out of and its definetly not the meaning of right and wrong , its the result of hype and publicity , the mob element , you know . all about hip hip horay lets go roll over some cars because out team lost , this is your majority lol , Manny image is more publicly liked than Floyd but they pay Floyd more than they pay Manny to see him fight , more of Floyds fans will pay to see him than Mannys will , they steal the fight which goes along with the whole cheat scene dont it ,, but just to play your silly game there is just as much being said in the legit media not examiner and the Vespers of boxing scene that are nothing more than fanboys beating their own drum , the media that goes free to air on the 6 oclock news world wide , many other world class athletes have sided with Floyd on this issue , its not majority rules buddy as you will find out .

"Likeablity" has a lot to do with a person's character. The fact is people don't like Floyd right now because they view him as the ducker. You liken it to a team winning a championship and mob mentality which has nothing to do with somebody's personality but with local.. I am a Laker fan because I live in Los Angeles regardless of who plays for them. I would relate politics to this more than a pro team winning a championship Your saying Obama was put in the presidency because of mob mentality? Then why is his approval rating so low right now from where he was and the republicans threatening to win both house and senate? Because people are attuned to what is happening and what is right and wrong. Boxing is like politics in a way that people look at both Floyd and Manny and see that Manny is right and Floyd is wrong. Simple as that.
                  Last edited by Alibata; 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• This is a Random blood test. Key word RANDOM. While Floyd isn't being a model citizen outside the ring he stuck to his demands.

While I would love to see the fight under any conditions the timing is right in early Spring 2011. I just pray that Floyd doesn't mess up his chance outside of the ring and Manny punishes Margacheato inside the ring.

Comment

• 7 days is better than 18 days.

Comment

Working...
                      X