Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: "A seven-day cutoff is quite REASONABLE but Floyd still REFUSED to budge"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    7 days is better than 18 days.
    For the millionth time, the 7 days and 18 days are not the same thing.

Pac wants 7 days where testing is not permitted. For Mosley vs Mayweather the USADA could test at any time they wanted. They chose not to test closer than 18 days, but they could have tested at any time they wanted and were allowed to do so. Floyd and Shane were not told when they'd had their last test.

The situation Pac wants presents a situation where he could do something to break the rules because he knows he's safe during that window of time. In the other situation, the athletes are deterred from doing that because they could be tested at any time. Even if they aren't tested late during camp, they are of the belief they could be.

So, please, stop bringing that up as some kind of logic to justify the request for the 7 day cutoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      7 days is better than 18 days.
      It is but only if the random urine testing shows nothing to be su****ious about, like in the Mayweather/Mosley example. Heck if Manny is really clean, they may even stop the random blood tests 24 days before. But, i don't expect you *******s to get it.

Its kinda scary that such a simple concept is that hard to understand. I feel sorry for the ******* generation, the future doesn't look to bright.

Comment

• Both guys are HOFers but if it never happens, it hurts Floyd more...

Comment

• Without the cutoff the fighters know that they can be tested anytime including the night of the fight.

Makes sense?

if you're an idiot and let another person do the thinking for you maybe

Testing will surely stop at least 18 days before as we have witnessed before(Pac-Mos) because it is dangerous. Imagine drawing a blood from a fighter and the wound swells during the fight?

Fighters, Trainers, Promoters, etc knows that testing will stop at approximately 18 days before.

so in conclusion. Floyd is effing busy and is not interested, have nothing to do with any testing b_ull****s whether its 7 or 1 day before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Lots of fighters have been asked for this blood Peds testing over the years dont you kids do any research instead of reading only what you want to read , Abraham has had it in his contracts for a few years now , its not only boxing its world sport across the board , pull yout head out your ass kid there is lots of stuff going on in the world .

Manny has stood out as a possible user of PEDS because of many aspects off his career from being KOed and hurt by little guys over many years and then in 2 yrs rise multiple weight classes gaining muscle mass a big head and more power , and then comes out and says he does not know what Ariza is giving him , all the same scenaros others in sport have gained from PEDS .

Its not a guilty verdict by a long shot but its very su****ious when Manny was asked to be tested in the biggest fight in history and says NO I WANT TO UNDERMINE AND WATER DOWN THE TESTING ,,, in 2010 for a 50 million dollar prize ,,,, its not on kid , and then for icing on Mannys cake he lies to the world saying they agree fully when they didnt and he lied only to sell a fight to another cheator who Manyy says Margo knew he was cheating ,, *** me how gullible are you kids .
            I am not as naive as you and Red Menace probably think. I posted this comment about 2 months ago and I'm re-posting it here. It will be long and I hope you will have time to read it If not, its still o.k.
            I enjoy reading posts in the boxing forum. Sometimes Its funny, sometimes it doesnt make any sense at all This Manny/Floyd dream fight should be put in the backburner already because it will not happen. There are other boxers and fights worth dicussing but for some reason, this Manny/Floyd topic keeps popping up. So I want to express my opinion since this topic became hot.
            I thought this PED and scared of needles are old topic but Floyd fans keep on digging old issues and start arguments they cannot win and accussations they cannot prove.What is clear is , Floyd doesnt want any part of Manny Pacquiao. So, I want to dedicate my comment to all Floyd fans. I want to start from the first failed negotiation up to the latest..
            I feel sorry to all Floyd Jrs. fans who are still in the dark. They cannot throw any other accusation against Manny to destroy him except mentioning over and over that Manny refuses random blood tests, so he should be guilty of using PED. The truth is Manny did not refuse the test and the only disagreement was the cut-off period. Manny agreed to unlimited urinalysis and even agreed to the blood test right after the fight. (That's what happened to the recent May/Mosley fight).
            Manny was voted as the Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade by the people whose business is sports/boxing. What does it mean? It means that these people do not believe the accussation. If you accuse a person of any crime, you must have proof/evidence. The Mayweathers have not shown any proof up to this very moment. Even the smoking gun (e-mail stating that if Manny should test positive for PED, it should be kept confidential) is yet to surface. Also, I cannot remember any championship fight wherein the challenger dictates the terms of the fight.
            Some people are superstitious and athletes are no exemption. Some pro-athletes will eat the same food, wear the same underwear, do the same routine because it works for them. They are winning. Some MLB players will not even step on the chalkline because they believe it is unlucky. ***ish players will not play during ***ish holy days because of their religious belief. Friday the 13th is bad, horseshoes are good, black cats are bad, rabbits' feet are good, etc. etc. Let me mention Marquez who drinks his own pee because he believes it gives him strength and endurance. Marquez lost to Floyd and it was no issue. If Marquez won that fight, I believe Floyds fan will rise in protest because Marquez used PED (Pee Enhanced Drink). Manny believes drawing blood close to the fight affects him negatively and should not be dismissed as nonsense. If you accept other peoples belief but not Manny's, that is clear bias.
            One of the most discussed topic in this forum is why Mosley agreed to the test while Manny "refuses." Mosley admitted using steroids in the past. The demand for OST was valid. Manny has no history of usage anytime, anywhere. Mayweather Sr. started this accussation, and to give in to their ridiculous demand is insulting.
            Another hot topic is the $10M penalty per pound over the agreed weight. Floyd came in 2 pounds over the contracted weight against Marquez and did not even try to lose it. Because the penalty was so small ($600,000), he just paid-off Marquez. What is a $600,000.00 penalty compared to a multi-million $ paycheck? Floyd entered the ring with all the advantages on his side. That was even playing field--Mayweather style. Manny lost the Flyweight world title because he tried to make the weight. He had clearly outgrown the division but still tried to honor the contract. He entered the ring spent, dehydrated and weak.
            Some are still asking: Why did Manny walked away from a $30M plus paycheck for a simple random blood test? Why don't you people ask Floyd instead why he scuttled a $30M plus paycheck by making ridiculous demands not even required by the sanctioning body? He never even demanded it from all his previous opponents (except Mosley). Hall of famers and former world champions Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, JMM, Diaz, Cotto and Clottey never raised any issue against Manny regarding PED. They could have to lessen the impact of their loss, but they did not. Because they are real fighters and gentlemen.
            Some of us will sell our soul to the devil for a million $, but there are exceptions. Some people will fight for their principle no matter how ridiculous it may look. Muhammad Ali lost his world title and faced possible jail sentence because he fought for his principle and religious belief. He was hailed a hero.
            Now lets separate facts from fiction:
            1. Mayweather Sr. spend some jail time (drug related)--- Fact
            2. Roger Mayweather faces felony charges of beating and choking a female
            boxer--- Fact
            3. An associate of Floyd Jr. has been arrested for attempted murder and
            assault with deadly weapon --- Fact
            4. Manny Pacquiao is using PED --- Fiction (unless somebody can produce the
            e-mail or furnish any name(s) of persons or laboratories linking Manny to
            PED, or any positive test result in the past.
            5. Fighter of the Year --- Floyd --- Fact
            Manny --- Fact
            6. Fighter of the Century -- Manny -- Fact
            Floyd --- Fiction (In his mind)
            7. ESPY---Manny---Fact
            Floyd----Fact
            Comparing these facts, comparison alone will tell you who is more credible between Floyd and Manny.
            Admit it, Mayweather fans. You want to see this fight happening. But you want Manny to give in. Why don't you instead ask Floyd to drop that ridiculous demand and just fight since Mayweather Sr. keeps on saying that Floyd will whip Manny's ass with or without PED?
            Lately the "soft" deadline for Floyd to sign the contract has passed and this time Floyd fans blame Arum. For once, Floyd fans, please open your eyes. A simple explanation from Floyd as to why he wont sign the contract will be sufficient or he simply ran out of excuses. You (Floyd fans) are also criticizing Pacquiao's next opponent (Margarito). At least Pacquiao wants to be active and is fighting. How about Floyd? He wants to take some time off, boxing is not on his mind right now,etc. etc. And also there was a rumor that he (Floyd) wants to face Clottey, A fighter you characterized then as a nobody, no good, a bum when he lost to Pacquiao. Lets see if your idol Mayweather will face Bradley, Williams and other notable names you want Manny Pacquiao to face.Since Ross Greenburg confirmed that negotiations really took place, I have some excuses here that Mayweather fans can use to save face. Smile, these are jokes only, but if you're hurt, you are definitely a Mayweather die-hard fan.
            1. Greenburg and Arum are ***ish, they have to back-up each other.
            2. Greenburg was speaking in ***ish that Schaeffer, Ellerbe, Haymon and Oscar cannot understand.
            3. Arum is the majority owner of HBO.
            4. There was a threat to Greenburg if he won't side with Arum.
            5. Greenburg was negotiating with Colonel Sanders. He thought the Colonel is Floyds manager.
            6. Change the topic. Go back to old issue----Manny is on PED etc. etc.
            . This is what Floyd fans are doing right now . I give them credit for that. And also in defense of Floyd, his fans wants to "see" what is contained in the contract. If Manny agreed to the random blood testing...etc..etc..Cant you see that all Floyd has to do is speak and tell his fans that Manny did not agree to any or some of his demand thats why he won't sign the contract, and he will not be branded as coward, chicken, ducker. But why the silence.Lately Manny and Freddie Roach said publicly that Manny agreed to all the demands of Floyd to make the fight happen. I am now waiting for Floyd to dispute this.

Comment

• This Manny/Floyd dream fight should be put in the backburner already because it will not happen
              Sorry I read no futher , and realized you avoided addressing the points I made , address the lies from Pac ?
              Last edited by Reloaded; 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Pac got a fight coming up and all people can discuss is some old ****?

200+ comments? Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                  Pac got a fight coming up and all people can discuss is some old ****?

200+ comments? Wow
                  we got a lot of PED experts on Bscene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Souroush1 View Post
                    over the course of the past 3 years dan rafael has lost most of his credibility as a boxing analyst, his articles have become more and more skewed and opinionated, rather that providing insightful information, i think that espn should soon reconsider a replacement, kevin lole has far less experience as a boxing analyst but has provided far more unbiased articles and less hearsay(even though dan rafael is in the "circle)

dan rafael has objectives in his pieces and is falling not far from marley

True the guy is pushing an agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                      It is but only if the random urine testing shows nothing to be su****ious about, like in the Mayweather/Mosley example. Heck if Manny is really clean, they may even stop the random blood tests 24 days before. But, i don't expect you *******s to get it.

Its kinda scary that such a simple concept is that hard to understand. I feel sorry for the ******* generation, the future doesn't look to bright.
                      That is contradictory at best. Manny wasn't even tested yet and already a "suspect" by the Mayweather camp. He agreed up to 7 days BEFORE a fight and still a "suspect".

What su****ion are you talking about now?

The PRE-MEDITATED and PRE-CONCEIVED SU****ION? You said IF MANNY IS REALLY CLEAN...that is an indictment and/or an allegation and in any court of law, if there are no grounds of su****ions in the first place, then there shouldn't be a demand for a testing.

It is like going to a court of law and demanding a suspect of murder and demanding that person to be put on trial.

That's not how it works in real life. You cannot be accused UNLESS there are proofs to begin with. You cannot use the test itself as the main issue just like using the TRIAL as the main way.

There is a preliminary court hearing first to determine if there are enough evidence to implicate a trial.

In this case, WHAT GROUNDS DO THE MAYWEATHERS HAVE TO CALL FORTH DRUG TESTING?

• just because Pacquiao is too good and going up for his 7th weight level and knocking down people left and right, without losing speed and strength?

I'm sorry, that is not circumstantial evidence towards a "trial" or in this case, drug testing.

Otherwise, every opponent of a president (for example) can cry IMPEACHMENT! PUT THE PRESIDENT ON TRIAL!

What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X