Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all the ******s that called Floyd Jr. the all time best 130lb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Flash Elorde? Better than Mayweather? Seriously?
    same thing i said, they dropped his name and kobayashi in another thread. ppl seem to agree tho. i just dont see it...neither of them were as dominant as floyd and arguello. but hey, to each his own.

Comment

Burner's back to 24/7 ***** status. I would expect him to be nuthugging PWILLs more since his fight is coming up, but instead he has his ***** badge on geared towards annoying people.

Comment

Flash Elorde? Better than Mayweather? Seriously?
        Career Superfeather (130)
        7 years Lineal 130 Champ (1960-1967)
        More title defenses than Floyd at 130
        Beat 1 ATG Sandy Sandler, Floyd none at 130

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Career Superfeather (130)
          7 years Lineal 130 Champ (1960-1967)
          More title defenses than Floyd at 130
          Beat 1 ATG Sandy Sandler, Floyd none at 130
          The 130 lb title was worthless back then. He beat Saddler in a non title fight decision, then was KO'd in the rematch. Anyone who takes the time to examine his record will see that Elorde doesn't begin to compare with Floyd at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            was that floyds fault or were they avoiding him??? we all kno damn well neither of them wanted to fight him, thats on them.
            why would anyone avoid floyd? he was the top dog and everyone wanted a shot at him to make a big payday. it was on floyd to fight these top challengers. he had the power to make those fights happen but he didn't.

floyd was raking in the easy money on hbo against overmatched opponents like Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios, justin juuko, carlos gerena, gregorio vargas, and carlos hernandez(unknown at time) why would he risk losing against guys like freitas and casamayor? floyd was the original berto.
            Last edited by daggum; 10-24-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
              You know who you are. Please do some research before making such absurd statement.
              When I read the title " For all the ******s that call Floyd Jr. the all time 130lb..."
              I thought he was gonna drop some crazy stats on me!!!!!! Some ground breaking, never discovered footage or peice of history we've not come across.:****you:

Comment

wifebeater jr was at his best at 130, but he wasn't the greatest ever there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rab View Post
                  JLC was shot in the Hatton fight. In the Floyd one he wasn't.
                  Okay replace Hatton with Coralles.

Comment

The 130 lb title was worthless back then. He beat Saddler in a non title fight decision, then was KO'd in the rematch. Anyone who takes the time to examine his record will see that Elorde doesn't begin to compare with Floyd at 130.
                    Floyd might be a greater fighter than Elorde overall but not as a Superfeather.
                    What does not being a title fight have to do with winning against a great? Morales - Pac trilogy were non-titles it must be irrelevant? Fuck Sam Langford too...why was he great?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                      Floyd might be a greater fighter than Elorde overall but not as a Superfeather.
                      What does not being a title fight have to do with winning against a great? Morales - Pac trilogy were non-titles it must be irrelevant? Fuck Sam Langford too...why was he great?
                      if it ain't for the wbc "official belt" it don't matter!

Comment

Working...
                      X