Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all the ******s that called Floyd Jr. the all time best 130lb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He cleaned up the division. Fought every top 130 lber. Corrales, Chavez, Hernandez, etc. More than half of his wins are at 130, and more than half of his 25 KO's are at 130. I think he has 27 wins with like 18 or 19 KO's.

Who do you think could have beaten him at 130? Realistically, no one could beat that prime Floyd.
    Just counted right now. 20 of his 25 career KO's were at 130 in 27 pro fights there. Those numbers are very impressive considering he fought top 5-10 SFW's and a top 5 P4P Corrales in that span.

Comment

Originally posted by koboxer View Post
      who was better goober trooper?
      Alexis Arguello
      Flash Elorde
      Azumah Nelson
      etc..

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
        floyd has a strong case for bring the best 130 pounder...do yall give this guy any credit at all??
        I would put Floyd in my top 5 but not the all time best featherweight.

Comment

Mayweather would win by BRUTAL UD against Arguello.....funny thing is that Arguello would never struggle or as some say lose against JLC.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
            I would put Floyd in my top 5 but not the all time best featherweight.
            Floyd was never a Featherweight. He started his career at Super Featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rab View Post
              Mayweather would win by BRUTAL UD against Arguello.....funny thing is that Arguello would never struggle or as some say lose against JLC.
              Hatton beat the crap out of Castillo who Mayweather struggled with, that means Hatton won't get KTFO by Mayweather. Oh wait.

Comment

JLC was shot in the Hatton fight. In the Floyd one he wasn't.

Comment

I have Arguelllo as the GOAT at 130. And, he has that rank by a solid amount. I got Floyd at #2. However, Elorde has a great case to be rank at #2 as well. To say he doesn't is ridiculous. I have Elorde at #3 even ahead of Nelson but not that much. Hell I also think the very underrated Brian Mitchell could be in the top 5.

130 is a pretty deep division with a solid history. To act like if Floyd can not be lower than #2 is just insane and not really knowing that history. However, it all falls under preference and opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He cleaned up the division. Fought every top 130 lber. Corrales, Chavez, Hernandez, etc. More than half of his wins are at 130, and more than half of his 25 KO's are at 130. I think he has 27 wins with like 18 or 19 KO's.

Who do you think could have beaten him at 130? Realistically, no one could beat that prime Floyd.
                    Floyd's super featherweight resume is one of the best in history, and his best weight class in his career. Fights with Chico and Hernandez are some of his greatest wins. Even though Floyd cleared the division and fought the best, Gabriel Elorde and Alexis Arguello still tops Floyd resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
                      Floyd's super featherweight resume is one of the best in history, and his best weight class in his career. Fights with Chico and Hernandez are some of his greatest wins. Even though Floyd cleared the division and fought the best, Gabriel Elorde and Alexis Arguello still tops Floyd resumes.
                      how did he clear the division? long time wba and wbo champs freitas and casamayor were never fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X