No announcement yet.

Tygart: "Blood testing within 18 days of the fight was not necessary"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
    He did say that. But he said that BASED on the samples that they had. They didn't feel a NEED to blood test after that, BUT STILL HAD THE RIGHT TO DO IT WHENEVER...HENCE RANDOM BLOOD TESTING.
    YES, but they also have the RIGHT to do it, the day before the fight or the day of the fight. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE.

Unless you haven't read what's going on in these shenanigans, Pacquiao has a PROBLEM with getting his blood taken so close to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
      Then asks the commissions/boxing organization to put this into place rather than singling ONE fighter out.

Mosley is a KNOWN cheat, and he was clean for THIS fight, that doesn't mean he didn't cheat for ANY other fights. Pacquiao can do the same, just come clean for THIS fight and bank $40 mil. Why would he agree to blood tests in the first place if he has something to hide?

Am sure now that a big deal has been made on a simple test the commission have NO choice but to look at its precedures but has a fighter i wouldnt wait for the commission to do their jobs because they dont care, They would rather have money in their pockest that bust any fighter which would prevent them from making money, And you dont go to the commission for contract details, Am sure Pacquiao didnt go to the commission when he had cotto fight him at 145 with his 147 WW belt on the line, Pacquiao didnt go to the commission when he had Morales and De la Hoya (600,000) fine if they go over the weight limit and he sure didnt go to the commission when he stipulate that he wanted $10M per every pound Mayweather goes over 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Am sure now that a big deal has been made on a simple test the commission have NO choice but to look at its precedures but has a fighter i wouldnt wait for the commission to do their jobs because they dont care, They would rather have money in their pockest that bust any fighter which would prevent them from making money, And you dont go to the commission for contract details, Am sure Pacquiao didnt go to the commission when he had cotto fight him at 145 with his 147 WW belt on the line, Pacquiao didnt go to the commission when he had Morales and De la Hoya (600,000) fine if they go over the weight limit and he sure didnt go to the commission when he stipulate that he wanted $10M per every pound Mayweather goes over 147.

No such thing as a 147lb belt. Its called a WW belt, which means 141-147lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

That's why a $10 mil stipulation was offered to Mayweather if Pacquiao came in dirty, he refused.

They're trying to show whether it is a "NECESSITY" to do these tests so close to the bout. Pacquiao's camp are willing to do what is "necessary" and "fair" for them to be ready FOR A FIGHT. That's what this is right, A FIGHT, not to prove Pacquiao's innocence. HHHhmm....

Travis Tygart:

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html
          Last edited by Bee Keepz; 06-10-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

How do you know USADA will not tests Pacquiao the day before the bout?

Comment

Just like Mayweathers they will defend this non sense blood testing up to the last minute. Fu&$(;in floyd followers! JUST GET IN THE RING & FIGHT!! Period.

Comment

If Pacquiao only cared about coming clean, he'd just take the tests, easy $40 mil. Hell, Mosley has cheated before and he came in clean for THIS fight.

Comment

I still don't understand people that post exact quotes without providing any supporting link.

Comment

Here's the link btw:

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/06/0...-victor-conte/

However, I think Tygart will deliberately test Pacquiao for blood less than a week before actual fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Tygart: "We chose not to blood test closer to the fight than we did because there was no need to do so"

That puts an end to all the bull now about testing up till the day of the fight. Now if the head of the USADA says its not necessary to test within 18 days of the fight, then clearly 14 days should be sufficient.
                      I posted the same quote on another thread, I don't get it either...
                      This OST was supposed to PWN Manny and his refusal to submit to no cut-off, but all I see is that USAD shot themselves in the foot...

I would've not cared if they at least tested for urine every other day, their presence would be the true deterrent.

65mph limit, but motorist still go beyond that... put a cop car in a speed trap == noone speeding...

Comment

Working...
                      X