No announcement yet.

Tygart: "Blood testing within 18 days of the fight was not necessary"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    I understand your point of it being random. My thing is, Travis Tygart said that testing within 18 days of the fight was just flat out not necessary. There must be a reason why he feels that way.
    He did say that. But he said that BASED on the samples that they had. They didn't feel a NEED to blood test after that, BUT STILL HAD THE RIGHT TO DO IT WHENEVER...HENCE RANDOM BLOOD TESTING.

Comment

I understand your point of it being random. My thing is, Travis Tygart said that testing within 18 days of the fight was just flat out not necessary. There must be a reason why he feels that way.

No you dont understand my point!!! Your point was because testing in the Mayweather-Mosley fight was stopped with 18 days prior to the fight why isnt 14 days that Pacquiao offered good enough to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

My point again is Mayweather and Mosley had NO KNOWLEDGE whatsoever that the USADA would not test them 18 days before the fight, If Mayweather or Mosley knew they wouldnt be tested 18 days before the fight they could both juice up if they want.

Wanting a 14days KNOWING cut-off is not random and its schedule testing which is basically what the NSAC does at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Seriously am shamed for this posters, I dont know where some of this people grew up so i dont want to bash them but the education system there must be terrible. Or they are mentally ******ed in a way and if thats the case then i apologies.
        I'm not ashamed for them. They are throwing out common knowledge (well, it aint so common), just to defend a fighter. If they were Floyd, man, you can only imagine. I will never forget how these people fought tooth and nail against more stringent testing...and I KNOW why they are though. They KNOW there is a BIG possibility that the man may be juicing. They have said that in so many words.....

Comment

Look nothing is 100% in life, Random testing means random which means they have the power of mind over you if you're a cheater, In your mind (Cheater) you know they have the power to test you at anytime with that in mind you either take your chances and juice up hoping they wouldnt test you in that period or you stay clean in the period...Its about putting a doubt in a cheaters mind or fear like you put it and above all its about protecting both fighters and moving the sport forward.
          Then answer me this:

Why the strict rules of the USADA to have the results confidential, privy only to the contracting parties?

What makes this crap immune to abuse, graft and corruption, being not transparent?

I don`t buy the idea that you could just be tested once in 3 months and it be called random testing, can`t you see all these garbage? It is actually a psychological testing not random testing at all. 100% failure.

Comment

No you dont understand my point!!! Your point was because testing in the Mayweather-Mosley fight was stopped with 18 days prior to the fight why isnt 14 days that Pacquiao offered good enough to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

My point again is Mayweather and Mosley had NO KNOWLEDGE whatsoever that the USADA would not test them 18 days before the fight, If Mayweather or Mosley knew they wouldnt be tested 18 days before the fight they could both juice up if they want.

Wanting a 14days KNOWING cut-off is not random and its schedule testing which is basically what the NSAC does at the moment.
            This is the dagger for the thread. I'm gone man. I can't stand to be around this silly non educated talk right now. For real. These grown men don't know what RANDOM means. SMH. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
              These dudes are something else man. For real. Every day they find a different angle to defend Manny and him taking a blood test. These kats HATE the idea of more stringent testing because Manny HATES it. I can't wait till he changes his stance again, and see the million threads defending that stance, even if it makes them look silly. What common fan would be SOOOO against a drug test? I've never seen anything like it. Have you?
              I have never seen a boxer demand random drug testing due to the bias beliefs of him and his team. I've never seen anything like it. Have you?

Comment

Ok, I fully understand your point once again. My argument isn't about knowing or not knowing when you're going to be tested. My argument is, how crucial is testing within 2 weeks of a fight if the head of the USADA pretty much deemed it unnecessary?

Comment

Tygart: "We chose not to blood test closer to the fight than we did because there was no need to do so"

That puts an end to all the bull now about testing up till the day of the fight. Now if the head of the USADA says its not necessary to test within 18 days of the fight, then clearly 14 days should be sufficient.
                  That's not what he's saying. He's saying they chose not to test blood 18 days out because they weren't seeing anything suspicious in their results to warrant further tests before the fight. However, as we saw in the 24/7 documentary they got Mosley to test for urine just as he was leaving for Vegas. If they don't see anything in Pacquiao's blood to warrant suspicion then it's likely they won't test any further but their point is they want to reserve the right to perform tests at any time if suspicion is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                    He did say that. But he said that BASED on the samples that they had. They didn't feel a NEED to blood test after that, BUT STILL HAD THE RIGHT TO DO IT WHENEVER...HENCE RANDOM BLOOD TESTING.
                    But it wasnt necessary from at least within 18 days. Thats the simple point some of us needs to understand

Comment

floyds arguments being shredded to pieces..........LOL@ how floydettes trying to defend a diva trapped in boxers body..........................................

Comment

Working...
                      X