No announcement yet.

Tygart: "Blood testing within 18 days of the fight was not necessary"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tygart: "Blood testing within 18 days of the fight was not necessary"

Tygart: "We chose not to blood test closer to the fight than we did because there was no need to do so"

That puts an end to all the bull now about testing up till the day of the fight. Now if the head of the USADA says its not necessary to test within 18 days of the fight, then clearly 14 days should be sufficient.

Thing is, the boxers didn't now they were going to stop within 18 days. With the 14 day offer, its known when they stop. So there is a difference. So they only test close to the fight when they have some sort of "suspicion"? Basically Manny would most likely be tested close to the fight all because of the allegations by the Mayweathers and company? I just wonder how do they determine if they have to test closer to the fight or not.
    Last edited by KnockoutKings; 06-10-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Travis Tygart:

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Tygart: "We chose not to blood test closer to the fight than we did because there was no need to do so"

That puts an end to all the bull now about testing up till the day of the fight. Now if the head of the USADA says its not necessary to test within 18 days of the fight, then clearly 14 days should be sufficient.

Some of you guys are either uneducated or you choose to be ******ed! 18 or 14 days is not the problem here, USADA might not even test for anything 21 days before the fight, but they retain the power to test at any giving time which the fighters involve wouldnt know when..............RANDOM its called.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Some of you guys are either uneducated or you choose to be ******ed! 18 or 14 days is not the problem here, USADA might not even test for anything 21 days before the fight, but they retain the power to test at any giving time which the fighters involve wouldnt know when..............RANDOM its called.
          So they can't guarantee Pacquiao will not be tested the day before the fight or the day of the fight.

Comment

Its been my stance since day 1 that Floyd is using this to either get into Pac's head, or create an obstacle to prevent the fight from happening without looking like a ducker.

If the head of the USADA is saying that testing within 14, 18, 24 days is not really his point of concern when it comes to benefiting off of ped's, then why is it Floyd's?

Comment

So answer this. Why did they deem it unnecesarry to test within 18days prior to the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                So answer this. Why did they deem it unnecesarry to test within 18days prior to the fight?
                Why would Ray know the answer to that question?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                  So they can't guarantee Pacquiao will not be tested the day before the fight or the day of the fight.

No guarantee under the WADA( Olympic style testing) Not to any sportperson, No point in adminster testing when you tell an athlete when you're not coming, It defeats the process of its randomness.

Comment

Man, its all because of Floyd Ray. If this were anybody BUT Floyd that asked for this testing, it would not have turned out this ugly . I still can't for the life of me, understand WHY so many fans are against this testing....well I can understand why. The people defending Manny KNOW that there is a possibility that the man is juicing. But you are right, the concept of RANDOM escapes alot of these grown men. Sad really.

Comment

Working...
                    X