No announcement yet.

Tygart: "Blood testing within 18 days of the fight was not necessary"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Some of you guys are either uneducated or you choose to be ******ed! 18 or 14 days is not the problem here, USADA might not even test for anything 21 days before the fight, but they retain the power to test at any giving time which the fighters involve wouldnt know when..............RANDOM its called.
    Does a random test within one week before the Mosley-PBF fight make sense to you if that period is crucial to such testing, and if it proves no questions, once and for all, the start of the anti-drug crusade?

Does a random test mean no testing at all, and only feeds on fear, therefore is not the scientific way, purely a psychological means to an end?
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious713 View Post
      Thing is, the boxers didn't now they were going to stop within 18 days. With the 14 day offer, its known when they stop. So there is a difference. So they only test close to the fight when they have some sort of "suspicion"? Basically Manny would most likely be tested close to the fight all because of the allegations by the Mayweathers and company? I just wonder how do they determine if they have to test closer to the fight or not.
      Hct/Hgb are elevated from baseline, but boxers are different, they train at high altitudes and dehydrate to an extent that it may show false positives. That's why they need to find the drug to prove that it was unnaturally induced.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        So answer this. Why did they deem it unnecesarry to test within 18days prior to the fight?

WTF? Am i a member of the USADA or something. GTFOH with your dumbness/******ness. Go study you morons.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Why would Ray know the answer to that question?

These dudes are something else man. For real. Every day they find a different angle to defend Manny and him taking a blood test. These kats HATE the idea of more stringent testing because Manny HATES it. I can't wait till he changes his stance again, and see the million threads defending that stance, even if it makes them look silly. What common fan would be SOOOO against a drug test? I've never seen anything like it. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
            Does a random test within one week before the Mosley-PBF fight make sense to you if that period is crucial to such testing, and if it proves no questions, once and for all, the start of the anti-drug crusade?

Does a random test mean no testing at all, an only feeds on fear, therefore is not the scientific way?

Look nothing is 100% in life, Random testing means random which means they have the power of mind over you if you're a cheater, In your mind (Cheater) you know they have the power to test you at anytime with that in mind you either take your chances and juice up hoping they wouldnt test you in that period or you stay clean in the period...Its about putting a doubt in a cheaters mind or fear like you put it and above all its about protecting both fighters and moving the sport forward.

Comment

WTF? Am i a member of the USADA or something. GTFOH with your dumbness/******ness. Go study you morons.
              You're not a member, but Travis Tygart is the top dog of the agency, and if he feels that a fighter cannot benefit off of PED's within 14, 18, or even 24 days prior to a fight, who are you or Floyd to say otherwise? Not to mention, Pac volunteered to test immediately following the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                These dudes are something else man. For real. Every day they find a different angle to defend Manny and him taking a blood test. These kats HATE the idea of more stringent testing because Manny HATES it. I can't wait till he changes his stance again, and see the million threads defending that stance if it makes them look silly. What common fan would SOOOO against a drug test? I've never seen anything like it. Have you?
                I'm all for it.

It seems that they're more than willing to do it if the commissions put it into play.

Let's be honest Floyd put this into play to single out ONE fighter.

Comment

Look nothing is 100% in life, Random testing means random which means they have the power of mind over you if you're a cheater, In your mind (Cheater) you know they have the power to test you at anytime with that in mind you either take your chances and juice up hoping they wouldnt test you in that period or you stay clean in the period...Its about putting a doubt in a cheaters mind or fear like you put it and above all its about protecting both fighters and moving the sport forward.
                  I understand your point of it being random. My thing is, Travis Tygart said that testing within 18 days of the fight was just flat out not necessary. There must be a reason why he feels that way.

Are u to say there was no reason to test Mosley 18 days out ( an admitted cheater), but there would be reason to test Pac?
                  Last edited by Deevel916; 06-10-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                    Man, its all because of Floyd Ray. If this were anybody BUT Floyd that asked for this testing, it would not have turned out this ugly . I still can't for the life of me, understand WHY so many fans are against this testing....well I can understand why. The people defending Manny KNOW that there is a possibility that the man is juicing. But you are right, the concept of RANDOM escapes alot of these grown men. Sad really.
                    Seriously am shamed for this posters, I dont know where some of this people grew up so i dont want to bash them but the education system there must be terrible. Or they are mentally ******ed in a way and if thats the case then i apologies.

Comment

Then asks the commissions/boxing organization to put this into place rather than singling ONE fighter out.

Mosley is a KNOWN cheat, and he was clean for THIS fight, that doesn't mean he didn't cheat for ANY other fights. Pacquiao can do the same, just come clean for THIS fight and bank $40 mil. Why would he agree to blood tests in the first place if he has something to hide?
                      Last edited by Bee Keepz; 06-10-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X