No announcement yet.

Parker should sit on his ass waiting on the world title shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker should sit on his ass waiting on the world title shot

He beat Wilder and Zhang, two guys you casuals here predicted him losing to.

He is WBO interim ( mandatory). Why the f.uck should he give a shot to anybody dangerous if it not for the belt - the right one.

He should take an easy stay busy fight or do nothing while waiting on his world title shot.

I believe Usyk will fight him, if he wins Fury rematch. Or one or more belts become vacant in 2025 and Parker can fight for example Kabayel for the belt.

Parker must be smart now.

Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-25-2024, 04:33 AM.
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Not really. He should be cashing in while hes hot. The saudis are paying for fighters...not belts. Hes already been world champion so its ticked off his list. He should be fighting second teir guys for loads of dollars. He should be able to get fights against Hrgovic, Anderson, Joyce and the like and laugh all the way to the bank.

Comment

I kind of agree.

Boxing is rock paper scissors essentially, especially at heavyweight.

Parker has fought almost everyone in the division, he's in a great position and he's earned his title shot.

It'd be foolish to risk taking an un-needed fight before he gets his title shot.

Half the division has taken itself out while Fury has dragged the division for the past 3 years.

Guys like Makhmudov, Joyce, Zhang and Sanchez would have had their shots in other eras but because of the delays they've had to fight more top contenders to stay active and have ruined their chances.

If you had made Fury fight Zhang, Joyce, Makhmudov and Sanchez back to back, I bet one of them would have sprung an upset because that's what happens when you fight everyone!

Comment

Why do so many fans only think in belt fights & legacy?

Joe Parker is in boxing first & foremost as a job. He wants to make money to pay his bills, take care of his family & buy lotsa weapons for when his 11 or however many daughters start bringing boys over to scare them.

Joe should take the best opportunities he finds himself getting. And with him notching 2 big W's I suspect he'll be getting a few over the next year or so worst case. If those opportunities involve no belt or a belt he should find the best & sign the contract.

Joe didn't get to this point hes in right now sitting on his ass. He shouldn't start now.

Comment

He's called out Whyte and Joshua in the best way possible seeking to avenge 2 of his losses. Both of which he was jobbed for under suspect home cooked reffing.

I guess it's up to the Desert Turki to decide who they want for him next.

Whyte doesn't deserve the payday but if Hrgy v Dubious isn't for a title and Fury/Usyk run it back for a possible trilogy then Princess Joshy may as well go on a date with The Mighty Oilskin.

It'd make a nice wee curtain raiser for Usyk/Fury 2. Though i feel AJ would rather face the winner of Parker's sloppy seconds in Zhang/Wilder than Parker himself.

Kabayel v Whyte in a battle of the body snatchers would be a good watch to on a Riyadh Season undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Why do so many fans only think in belt fights & legacy?

Joe Parker is in boxing first & foremost as a job. He wants to make money to pay his bills, take care of his family & buy lotsa weapons for when his 11 or however many daughters start bringing boys over to scare them.

Joe should take the best opportunities he finds himself getting. And with him notching 2 big W's I suspect he'll be getting a few over the next year or so worst case. If those opportunities involve no belt or a belt he should find the best & sign the contract.

Joe didn't get to this point hes in right now sitting on his ass. He shouldn't start now.
            You would think there's a Joshua card coming in Saudi this year... Parker is a sure thing for a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

You would think there's a Joshua card coming in Saudi this year... Parker is a sure thing for a good fight.
              Is it really a good fight? Really? I don't think so, not to the extent certain folk are trying to claim.

Boxing is show business, and the fact of boxing reality is? There are by far more bigger block buster fighters and match ups 'That can be made for Anthony Joshua'.

Since Joshua lost his second fight to Oleksandr Uysk 'Eddie Hearn's match making for Joshua, has been some of the best match making he has ever produced for any fighter in their career'.

Joshua's objective and goal to fight his way back into title contention, has been charted in such a way 'That it has inspired and made people start believe in Joshua again. This has only been achievable, because of the fights Joshua has been fighting and the manner in which he has been performing'.

Almost every single fight since his comeback fight vs Jermaine Franklin, has been accompanied by a narrative, theme and something to gain beyond just titles.

Joseph Parker is a solid fighter, his efforts are commendable. I have really enjoyed his partnership with Andy Lee, and how they have both achieved solid wins together.

'But there are many more better fights, that can be made for Joshua. Fights that have a narrative, theme and something for Joshua to gain beyond just titles'.

The potential third fight with Andy Ruiz Junior, Deontay Wilder if he gets past Zhilei Zhang, or a fight for a vacate World title against the victor of Dubois vs Hrgovic.

All of those fights are way more intriguing, and better match making for Joshua 'Than a fight with Joseph Parker. A fighter who Joshua has already beaten quite easily, and a fighter who we have all witnessed being consummately beaten, ether in a skill for skill fight vs Anthony Joshua or just straight up brutality vs Joe Joyce'.

Anthony Joshua needs to be making statements, creating tectonic shifts in the game with every single fight 'And that is what he has been doing. Parker vs Joshua II, is not that type of fight'.

Ruiz Junior vs Joshua III 'Is that type of fight. There are still people out there within the boxing community, pushing the narrative that Ruiz Junior done something real bad to Joshua in the first fight.

If people believe that Ruiz Junior vs Joshua I 'Was a bad loss, then I would advise them not to watch a potential third fight between Ruiz Junior and Joshua. Because Anthony Joshua would not be coming into that fight to just merely out skill and box Ruiz Junior over 12 rounds, Joshua has already achieved such a feat easily in their original rematch'.

Anthony Joshua right now as we speak, is the only top level Heavyweight who is decimating, obliterating, systematically destroying his opponents.

Note: My advise to team Parker would be to be wise and think about their next moves. And I would say that his some of his supporters need to pipe down, because if they don't 'They are going to get Parker beaten in a unnecessary fight'.

Parker vs Whyte II 'In the present is a good fight for Parker, and very winnable'.

Parker vs Joshua II 'For me the narrative, the theme is not that intriguing. And for specifically for Joshua? He is not gaining much from beating Parker again, even if he beats him down real bad' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-25-2024, 10:06 AM.

Comment

It's his for the taking, I would assume. The Wilder and Zhang wins surely put him near the top of the food chain, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  He beat Wilder and Zhang, two guys you casuals here predicted him losing to.

He is WBO interim ( mandatory). Why the f.uck should he give a shot to anybody dangerous if it not for the belt - the right one.

He should take an easy stay busy fight or do nothing while waiting on his world title shot.

I believe Usyk will fight him, if he wins Fury rematch. Or one or more belts become vacant in 2025 and Parker can fight for example Kabayel for the belt.

Parker must be smart now.
                  - - 50/50 Usyk retires after his "Veni, vidi, vici​" moment. Why give Blubber another paycheck and chance to screw everyone over again?

And Mighty Joe Parker sure ain't listening to a Joke like U...

Comment

He should take the biggest money fight he can get and keep doing it until the checks stop. He has already been WBO heavyweight titlist. He has already taken 2 big losses (and the Whyte robbery). His legacy is what it is at this point, picking up a 2nd vacant title isn't going to change much. Try to get in there with Joshua or Fury or Usyk and get paid.

Comment

Working...
                    X