No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Greatest Hits Of Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
    I believe Usyk could go all the way back to a young Tyson before tasting defeat. He's susceptible to uppercuts and Mike's would stop you cold.

As a fan of Usyk and Loma I've always been bemused by the fact that they don't throw or defend uppercuts. Same with Bivol.
    I dont know about that, prime Holyfield would be a war and I feel Holyfield is tougher in taking punishment and would grind him down, its strange how far Usrk has been elevated on the Fury win, a week before he was struggling with Chisora and Dubios etc and now he is the GOAT, fans are as fickle as the weather., Ursk is a great fighter all the same but people need to come down out of the clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
      The only sour part is father time...
      This COULD be a last lineal undisputed heavy weigh champion .
      With the Saudis around, it probably won't take long for another one.

Already plans to reunite all the belts at the start of next year with the AJ/Hrgovic/DDD winner facing the Usyk/Fury II winner to reunite the IBF belt.

Of course another belt may go by then, but Turki will probably make some way to reunite them.

The messy world of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
        Yeap, Usyk is an ATG and possibly one if not the best of his generation.
        when he first moved up to HW i never thought it would accelerate to what he and it has become. Few predicted this if any but what a ride it has been. Now what comes next who will step into it next .....
        P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

when he first moved up to HW i never thought it would accelerate to what he and it has become. Few predicted this if any but what a ride it has been. Now what comes next who will step into it next .....
          I was one of the few! Wish I’d screenshotted now but in 2018 I said this man would clear the HW division and only a cpl agreed with me
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

The man unified 2 division fighting the very best available, 1st undisputed HW in history and all this being UNDEFEATED...what a ride indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

The man unified 2 division fighting the very best available, 1st undisputed HW in history and all this being UNDEFEATED...what a ride indeed!
              The online noise of a rematch in October ? What do you think on that info if it turns out to be true ? Pluses and minus and all that....... I say a bit more time before the second round even if it comes at some exspense in the pocket or the shift in popular vote so to speak.....

Comment

For some reason I want him to fight Parker before he retires.

Comment

Usyk is a true all time great and an absolute privilege to watch. We all should feel very fortunate to live in an era where you have fighters like Usyk, Bud, Inoue, who take on all the biggest challenges in front of them and rise to the occasion every time.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I was one of the few! Wish I’d screenshotted now but in 2018 I said this man would clear the HW division and only a cpl agreed with me
                    He was my P4P #1 coming out of the CW division. And while I was very unimpressed with his first 2 bouts at HW (thought he played things very safe), I picked him in every fight. I always said until someone beats him I do not think anyone can. So, you get props from me.
                    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                      I don't care what fighter you want to pick, saying anybody could go all the way back to 1987 Tyson unscathed is crazy. Every heavyweight in history takes at least one L fighting the best versions of Lewis, both Klitschkos, Holyfield, Bowe, Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Rahman, Brewster, Byrd, Briggs, Valuev, J. Ruiz, A. Ruiz, Peter, Sanders, Haye, Ibragimov, Stiverne, Parker, Moorer, old Foreman, heavyweight RJJ, Mercer, McCall, Chagaev, Maskaev, etc.

Could Usyk beat any one of those guys on any given night? Absolutely. But on any given night Hasim Rahman can also knock out Lennox Lewis, Lamon Brewster can knock out Wladimir Klitschko, Buster Douglas can knock out Mike Tyson, Andy Ruiz can knock out Anthony Joshua. Styles make fights and if you fight enough top level dudes, you'll find one that has your number or simply gets lucky on his best night.
                      Not bashing your post, but I heavily question the rationale of – specifically – Ibragimov, John Ruiz, Peter, Stiverne, Maskaev, Valuev, and Chagaev as HWs that would inflict a loss on ATGs/HOFs like Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, prime Foreman, or late-80s Tyson. They weren't that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X