No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Greatest Hits Of Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Greatest Hits Of Oleksandr Usyk

Matt Christie revisits the undisputed heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk's best performances, and ranks them from 10 to 1
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-20-2024, 01:31 PM.

Enjoyed this article. vs Gassiev was an insanely dominant performance.

vs Joshua 2 and vs Fury were amazing examples of Usyk's resolve and fortitude. He ends up disheartening his opponent by coming back stronger from their best moments of success and upping the workrate and damage coming back their way. What a fighter he is.

Comment

I haven't always been a supporter (I was cheering for Glowacki and Joshua at those times), but it's been a real joy to watch his career. Feels like I'm watching an ATG as I live and breathe. Classy technicians – always my go-to.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

The only sour part is father time...
        This COULD be a last lineal undisputed heavy weigh champion .
        Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 05-20-2024, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Yeap, Usyk is an ATG and possibly one if not the best of his generation.
          blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

We as fans are very fortunate to witness an Alltime Great
            blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I believe Usyk could go all the way back to a young Tyson before tasting defeat. He's susceptible to uppercuts and Mike's would stop you cold.

As a fan of Usyk and Loma I've always been bemused by the fact that they don't throw or defend uppercuts. Same with Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
                I believe Usyk could go all the way back to a young Tyson before tasting defeat. He's susceptible to uppercuts and Mike's would stop you cold.

As a fan of Usyk and Loma I've always been bemused by the fact that they don't throw or defend uppercuts. Same with Bivol.
                Hollyfield would argue with you. Usyk Loma usually are in and out

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

I don't care what fighter you want to pick, saying anybody could go all the way back to 1987 Tyson unscathed is crazy. Every heavyweight in history takes at least one L fighting the best versions of Lewis, both Klitschkos, Holyfield, Bowe, Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Rahman, Brewster, Byrd, Briggs, Valuev, J. Ruiz, A. Ruiz, Peter, Sanders, Haye, Ibragimov, Stiverne, Parker, Moorer, old Foreman, heavyweight RJJ, Mercer, McCall, Chagaev, Maskaev, etc.

Could Usyk beat any one of those guys on any given night? Absolutely. But on any given night Hasim Rahman can also knock out Lennox Lewis, Lamon Brewster can knock out Wladimir Klitschko, Buster Douglas can knock out Mike Tyson, Andy Ruiz can knock out Anthony Joshua. Styles make fights and if you fight enough top level dudes, you'll find one that has your number or simply gets lucky on his best night.

Comment

I would replace the Chisora fight with that against Michael Hunter.
                    Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X