Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Vasiliy Lomachenko really an "All-Time Great"????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATG amatuer, HOFer pro.

Comment

More data for the debate:

Counting Kambosos, his opponents had a combined record of 561-45-17, for a 90% win rate at the time of fight.

Of his 21 fights, 6 were undefeated at the time of fight. And his best accomplishments have taken place above his natural weight class. If he'd been able to get the fights at 126 and 130, we might be talking a whole different thing.

I'm a big Loma fan, and Salido and Haney were both highly controversial losses. He gave away the Lopez fight. But I have a tough time calling him ATG on strength of resume right now, even though he's got the skills.

If, however, as the elder statesman, he can run the gauntlet, and add some of Kambosos, Navarrete, Shakur, Tank to his resume, to become undisputed in this last run, I would say absolutely yes.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Yes. I wish they would have not robbed him against Haney, Loma won this fight clearly. 3 US judges in Haneys backyard, what a highway robbery. I dare you to watch this fight again, best without commentary, and then realize what happened.

Comment

Not based off his resume

Comment

Nope.

The best he could have done would be to be undefeated against the opponents of his time

He hasn't done that

Theres nobody of historical significance on his resume and he still found a way to lose to a couple of those level guys.

How I rate is I think about how he would go against the true ATG's of his divisions and I can't really give him the benefit of the doubt over any of them.

Hall of fame yes definatley, he had an excellent career, just not an all time great one.
            fifth_root N/A real raw real raw like this.

Comment

17-3 all time great lol. He should have lost to ortiz as well. Only reason he won titles so fast was because he was fast tracked to build a fake super star by Arum. He has too many flaws in the ring also.

Comment

Definitely a HOF.. 80%+ of his fights were world title fights.

2 x Olympic Gold Medal = how many of them are there?

But wait he ain't American or Mexican.

Comment

Those losses were based on the weigh in ruleset, if same day weigh in was still a thing all those guys would have ended up badly hurt in the hospital.

Comment

I'm not going to read anything in your thread and just answer your subject line. Is he an ATG? I'd say, yes, he is. Once in a lifetime fighter.
                    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Im a big fan of Loma's but I dont know if he ticks off ATG yet. He is a rare talent maybe one of a kind like Roy but ATG doesnt sound right yet. Him moving to LW is a pretty big move for a guy his size. He is fighting at minimum a weight class too high and still doing what he does. Impressive stuff but I think he might have to become undisputed to put him over the top.

Comment

Working...
                      X