No announcement yet.

Pathetic if Fury doesn't beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Odds are very close. Fury is the very, very slight favorite. It appears that the oddsmakers, media and most fans have this as a 50-50 fight. So no shame in anyone losing. It seems like no one is really sure.

I myself keep going back and forth with myself on who’s going to win and why. The truth is idk. Idk which Fury will show up, and if Usyk can take care of the best of Fury. The best of Fury includes fighting dirty, using his weight, but staying away and boxing as he wears down the smaller Usyk. I just don’t know. Great match up.
    What style of fighter is Usyk classified as?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Fury wasn't playing with Ngannou when he got countered and decked by a left hook, or when he lunged in trying to clinch and got tossed contemptuously into the ropes like a rag doll. He was struggling, badly.

The way AJ effortlessly disposed of Francis 3 months later illustrated just how awful Fury was in that fight.
      Oh, he was certainly playing. Playing in training, playing in the fight, and nothing but. Fury knew what he had in front of him was a guy who did his boxing against chinless grapplers and kickers who knew at the the time of their career choice that they ought to stay clear of the big leagues and settle for peanuts.
      Fury sparred for 10 rounds, made it look competative and took the millions.

Only the least intuned observers could read anything further from that.
      Step one in debriefing was Joshua NOT playing.
      Step two will be Fury's demolition of Usyk.

Trust and believe.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

I will repeat this until the end of times. usyk got dropped by the first big shot ever took from a heavyweight, and that heavyweight is a bum
        "Bums" don't earn $2,014,250.00 for an unsuccessful title shot.
        Shoot brother, if being a bum paid that good there'd be no bums.​

That said, the Knockdown looked fair on the belt line.
        fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

It is however weird that people accuse Fury that he is using his size - guys, if you are taller and heavier than everyone you face, wouldn't you use it? No matter if it is a competition or a street fight. Speed, power, size, technique, IQ - those are all gifts. When it comes to boxing (or any other fighting style) - using any of them under the rules is even mandatory for a fighter to do.

Fury got dropped multiple times - true. Did it result in losses - no. Usyk got dropped multiple times by body shots - did he always complain/simulate low blows - yes (and don't forget Luis Pabon and his pro-Ukrainian spirit: Klitschko-Povetkin, Joshua-Usyk II, Usyk-Dubois). End of story. We have just a few days to see who will win and of course and eventually, what will be the rematch outcome.

There is nothing pathetic no matter who loses - I doubt this fight will end in a draw, not that it is impossible. What can be shameful is the performance which I again doubt will happen.
          Last edited by N/A; 05-09-2024, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Usyk cant take it to the body but the problem is that his huge height makes it harder for tyson to target the body like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Oh, he was certainly playing. Playing in training, playing in the fight, and nothing but. Fury knew what he had in front of him was a guy who did his boxing against chinless grapplers and kickers who knew at the the time of their career choice that they ought to stay clear of the big leagues and settle for peanuts.
              Fury sparred for 10 rounds, made it look competative and took the millions.

Only the least intuned observers could read anything further from that.
              Step one in debriefing was Joshua NOT playing.
              Step two will be Fury's demolition of Usyk.

Trust and believe.
              Fury might have gone into the Ngannou fight expecting to play with Francis, but what actually happened was something very different.

I don't see any way he demolishes Usyk. He might beat him, but neither of these guys is going to demolish the other.

Comment

Confused. Wouldn’t it be also pathetic if Joshua didn’t beat Usyk?

or any heavyweight for that matter?

Usyk is a special talent. Don’t disrespect him because you don’t like Fury.

kafkod kafkod Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
                  It is however weird that people accuse Fury that he is using his size - guys, if you are taller and heavier than everyone you face, wouldn't you use it? No matter if it is a competition or a street fight. Speed, power, size, technique, IQ - those are all gifts. When it comes to boxing (or any other fighting style) - using any of these under the rules is even mandatory for a fighter to do.

Fury got dropped multiple times - true. Did it result in losses - no. Usyk got dropped multiple times by body shots - did he always complain/simulate low blows - yes (and don't forget Luis Pabon and his pro-Ukrainian spirit: Klitschko-Povetkin, Joshua-Usyk II, Usyk-Dubois). End of story. We have just a few days to see who will win and of course, what will be the rematch outcome.

There is nothing pathetic no matter who loses (I doubt this fight will end in a draw, not that it is impossible). What can be shameful is the performance which I (again doubt) will happen.
                  I don't know where you got the idea that Usyk has been dropped multiple times from. As a pro, he has never been dropped by a legal punch, body or head. You have to go right back to his amateur days to find one instance of him being dropped by a body punch. And that was at HW against Beterbiev, who might well be the hardest puncher in the game, P4P. And what happened after Beterbiev dropped him? Usyk recovered quickly, got up, and finished the fight.

Comment

Fury has more routes to victory anyways...

He'll either be confirmed as legit, or exposed as a fraud.

Comment

Interesting that there is a consensus that this fight is Fury's to win or lose. Many posts start with "depending on what Fury shows up for the fight Will determine the outcome." Some of you think it is a matter of style... If Usyk can have success or not against Fury. What I do not hear is what Usyk has to do to win this fight.

To me? this info says it all... Consensus is a strong tool for getting things right, and right in this case would be, Usyk cannot do anything to Fury... Cunningham is a red herring for many reasons: Fury was younger, Cunningham can punch, Fury was not really hurt by Cunningham... Ultimately Fury made adjustments that shut Cunningham down.

Is Usyk better than Cunningham? Yes, but so what? What does this do for Usyk? Think about it...

I agree with the sentiments of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X