Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Punch From Nery Keeps Crawford in the P4P Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as P4P ranking, I would just say Crawford, Inoue, Canelo, Tank, Usyk & maybe Bivol are all in contention for the top 3. Can't really say who is THE best.
    vinnieq vinnieq likes this.

Comment

struggling to know what defines a Pound for Pound top fighter. It seems to be a grey area.

1. Is it about accomplishments and who the fighter has beaten on their resume?
      2. Is it about skill? athletic skill and talent, no matter who they have had the chance to fight.
      (this list recognizes the best fighter, beyond what opportunities they have?)
      3. Is it about ability to win in all circumstances?
      (No matter how ugly the style, they just win, like Ward in all circumstances and styles of fighters?)

pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
        "Buuuuuut … Bud Crawford has never made a mistake that big or paid a price that significant."

Got dropped by mean machine,and looked like Bambi on ice against a tiny gamboa. Are you planning on editing the article,or are you going to stay looking like a casual?
        Kav was 5 years ago and was a flash KD. Gamboa was a decade ago. Neither were mistakes that big. Inoue got countered with a wide looping punch and was down and hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
          It just comes down to personal preference, canelo certainly has a stake in this, I like Crawford; but he has limitations in terms of global reach, Inoue will bring lots more boxing fans to the sport.

Inoue p4p#1!
          Thats got nothing to do with p4p rankings

P4p is if you imagine all the fighters in the world as the same size then imagine which one would be the best overall

Comment

For me, Usyk taking the 0s of Briedis, Gassiev, Hunter, and Glowacki en route to undisputed gives him the superior resume. Beating a washed Fury will force us to talk about his boring do-just-enough-to-win style and p4p claim.

I'd probably still rank Crawford or Inoue above him unless something special happens on the night. Yes, other than crowning the first undenied sultan since Ramses mumbo hoopla blah blah

Comment

Crawford has been too inactive, who cares that Inoue got dropped by a good puncher and then after got up and dominated until a brutal ko win.

zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                It just comes down to personal preference, canelo certainly has a stake in this, I like Crawford; but he has limitations in terms of global reach, Inoue will bring lots more boxing fans to the sport.

Inoue p4p#1!
                he does not. his resume over the last couple years has been mediocre and he flat out ducked the #1 guy in his division. if innoue said i cant fight fulton i need 200 million dollars he would be out of the running as well. if innoue said fulton needs to beat figueroa and then he goes and does it and then afterwards still doesnt fight him inoue would be out of hte runnning. thats what canelo did to benavidez when he told him to fight plant. basically you cant be a coward and be the best because you lose by default when you are scared to fight. he also ducked a third ggg fight till he was 40, had rehydro clauses for kovalev and jacobs, was dominated by bivol, fights teeny tiny men moving up in weight etc...not p4p worthy things.
                Last edited by daggum; 05-07-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thats what they get for giving Nery the chance. The knock down is like a crack on a window, the damage is done.

Comment

Mean Machine insists that people put respect on his name. Bud Crawford has, in fact, been dropped.
                    zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by whitevick View Post
                      Crawford got dropped by Kavaliauskas and proceeded to brutally punish him until a stoppage. So let's not use this KD by Nery as a marginal difference in favor of Bud.
                      I agree, it's so silly to differentiate P4P status based on a single punch. If anything I see it as a sign of a great fighter. Floyd showed how great of a fighter he was when he got rocked by Mosley but proceeded to totally dominate him the rest of the fight. Nery dropped him but became a KO reel at the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X