No announcement yet.

Inoue V Nery Live thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Look at the Ring Ratings... The guys ranked 1,2 and now 5 have the same most recent result. A defeat to Inoue.

He's fighting and beating the best in the division. He's doing it quickly too.

He's going to have to move up again but I don't think you can knock the standard of his opposition.
    He beat the best in the division already against Fulton, great win. The rest are just has-beens that have already been whitewashed, stopped or handed L’s. Those fights are pointless..

Comment

• Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Barrera and Morales also walked at that weight (141-143) during camp when they fought at 122-126. Wouldn't be shocked if Inoue acclimates up to 130 at the end of his career.
      Yeah and Morales went as high as 140.. what a beast.

130 should be Inoue’s ceiling. I think 135 would be too much
      El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

All 14 of those guys are world champions. Golovkin only beat 6 legitimate world titlists in his career (Kassim Ouma, Daniel Geale, David Lemieux, Kell Brook, Danny Jacobs, Ryota Murata), not including the Canelo robberies.
        No offence, but anyone can pick up a title nowadays - so those stats mean very little - even more so in the smaller divisions where there’s a bigger gap in competition.

Comment

• Inoue's athleticism is really impressive. I don't think I realized how great his feet are before. Extremely fast-twitched fighter. He's 31 years old...I don't think he can maintain that kind of athleticism for much longer. Small guys tend to age faster as fighters. It'll be interesting to see how long he can keep this up! Pretty impressive fighter right now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by messi807 View Post

On steroids

Comment

No offence, but anyone can pick up a title nowadays - so those stats mean very little - even more so in the smaller divisions where there’s a bigger gap in competition.
              The missed Cliff Rold writes:

That marks five top ten wins in a row for Inoue across two weight classes. Four of five, including Nery, were Ring/TBRB top five in their class. Been doing it for a decade with no end in sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

With the difference that Jacobs is way way better than Nery or Fulton.

Oh for sure. Even Lemieux at the time was more dangerous than 98% of Inoue’s opposition.

Comment

I agree, lightweight doesn't seem ideal for Naoya considering he is already at the later stage of his career moving up multiple (4) divisions already.

At least 126-130 are stacked with viable options though.
                  messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Goodman is probably the best fight on paper stylistically. He made Aleem look awful.
                    ‘The best fight on paper stylistically’

still isn’t a good fight, just the best out of a bad bunch. he marginally beat aleem.

126 seems the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

On steroids
                      Didn’t you try and praise Toney’s lack luster HW resume when he was on steroids?

Is it tiring being such a hypocritical fan boy? It must be.
                      messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X