No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patient 'Canelo' Alvarez Resisted Stopping Jaime Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Canelo hasn't been as active with his jab or to the body as he once was that's probably the reason he isn't getting as many stoppages, he's become overly reliant on power, which isn't great.

Don't know where the comparison to Bivol came from, Bivol wins through a disciplined gameplan, volume, footwork and his power jab.

None of the above things Canelo is really known for except arguably a disciplined gameplan.

He's flatfooted, his volume is on the decline big time and his jab is barely being used anymore...

BJS weak WTF!? he barely stumbled when he got his face broke, now Plant and Kovalev I agree with but BJS not so much...
    He has never been a volume puncher, neither a one punch ko artist, and flat-footed is his middle name. Great chin and elite match making, he learned the match making from his sworn enemy dlh, look at munguias career.

Comment

'He has never been a volume puncher, neither a one punch ko artist, and flat-footed is his middle name. Great chin and elite match making, he learned the match making from his sworn enemy dlh, look at munguias career.'

I don't think he learnt one single thing from his sworn enemy dlh, he learnt from FMJ

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Munguia never had a chance, his defense blows and he got lucky to get past Derev.
        Munguia was winning the first 4 rounds until the KD, when he stupidly decided to play in the short distance.

Comment

There were definitely a few times I felt he let off the gas or didn't press his advantage as hard as I thought he could've. Than again idk if that was a choice to "let Munguia live" or just him avoiding getting into a bad situation with his own, often sketchy, gas tank if he wasn't able to finish him.

Comment

Canelo just have problems with English speaking Mexicans or Mexican/Americans, Oscar Gay La Hoya, & Benavidez on his sh_t list of people he can't stand!

Comment

His stamina is poor and Munguia was game. So perhaps he was just trying to preserve himself.

Comment

Working...
              X