Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patient 'Canelo' Alvarez Resisted Stopping Jaime Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Patient 'Canelo' Alvarez Resisted Stopping Jaime Munguia

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez insisted he could have stopped Jaime Munguia after knocking him down in the fourth round - and he then backed his fellow Mexican to learn from defeat
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sure lol, and I resisted going out with Jennifer Lopez, I could have done if I wanted though

Comment

Canelo slowed down a bit but he is still good. I think he has probably 1-2 fights at the top level. He is not that sharp and 'ferocious' as he was. Father Time and lots of mileage on his clock are doing some damages.

Comment

I was wondering the same and why did he quit hitting the body ass much? Comp-u-box should post body shots landed by round instead of total for the fight. Almost like they dont know....

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post
          Sure lol, and I resisted going out with Jennifer Lopez, I could have done if I wanted though
          Priceless!

Comment

Canelo tried but he couldn't do it. He had to be careful that he didn't gas out. He has to moderate his work output so he doesn't gas out. Mungia was also tough and there was danger in there for Canelo, so he couldn't just get careless.

Comment

If Canelo could have done that, he would.

Canelo is like Bivol. No different. He prefers performing sharp and responsibly and he is not really a hard hitter for his weight class.

He only stops guys that are weak enough ( Saunders, Plant) or shot ( Kovalev).

Canelo is a decision fighter. People should get it, finally.

Comment

He's just saying this as a reason why he didn't get the knockout in 8 that was promised. He was telling everyone in the build up to ggg 3 he was knocking him out it never happened there either.
                Dolor Dolor Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Plaese, he tried to stop him but couldn't. It was known before the fight that Munguia did NOT have the skills to beat Canelo.
                  The only reason this fight happened was because it looked good on paper, it was a fighter Canelo knew he could beat & it was a great "payday".
                  shwaap shwaap bimhead bimhead like this.

Comment

Lmao, you're not supposed to actually say that part out loud. He absolutely could have stopped him. Even in the 12th, he landed a ****er and then backed up.

Munguia never had a chance, his defense blows and he got lucky to get past Derev.

Comment

Working...
                    X