Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for DieHard boxing fans Haney is indefinitely suspended does this mean anything?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DieHard boxing fans Haney is indefinitely suspended does this mean anything?

So there are always suspensions after fights. It's routine. Just wondering if the fact that Haney is indefinitely suspended given the fight that was watched, does this mean anything significant? Or is it just a technicality where they clear him sooner or later? Does anybody know or have an opinion about this?

Fairly routine. Usually means he needs to clear some hurdle before getting okayed to fight again like a brain scan or that a fracture or bad cut is fine now.

NY are very nerfed after that HW boxer death several yrs ago they got sued for so this could be virtually anything, but my assumption would be a brain scan due to the damage he took.

Comment

wow

bill sent him out to kill, his career

its over

Comment

Nothing complicated about this. It just means he's not allowed to go back in the ring until medical experts advise him to.

The term "suspended" rattles some people. They should change it to something more context-appropriate.

Obviously, Haney's injuries, probably around the jaw area, are not minor, so he needs time for healing to take place.

Comment

Happens more often then you think after a fight even if it just shows suspended for a few weeks after taking a beating
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
            Nothing complicated about this. It just means he's not allowed to go back in the ring until medical experts advise him to.

The term "suspended" rattles some people. They should change it to something more context-appropriate.

Obviously, Haney's injuries, probably around the jaw area, are not minor, so he needs time for healing to take place.
            Was his jaw broken? I heard different reports regarding whether it was, or not. Yes! the terms can be heavy handed, which is why it is great members can clarify. Myself? I usually see suspensions with a date, so the "indefinitely" made me think lol.

Comment

It's very common for boxes to be suspended "indefinitely" after a fight, winners as well as losers. Just compliance with medical rules and safeguards, I believe.

Comment

I think other state commissions do this too, to prevent serious injuries in fighters. Maybe Arizona?

Comment

Like how Tzsyu and Fundora got suspended indefinitely after their fight.

Health and safety wise, they don't want you fighting for the time being until you are fully recovered and ready to go again. That is with physical, mental and psychological well-being, because the last thing the comission want is some dying or sustaining permanent injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    So there are always suspensions after fights. It's routine. Just wondering if the fact that Haney is indefinitely suspended given the fight that was watched, does this mean anything significant? Or is it just a technicality where they clear him sooner or later? Does anybody know or have an opinion about this?
                    I can’t recall who it was but the fighter took a bad beating in the fight and he was suspended indefinitely
                    I think and would assume it’s normal doing
                    The commission needs to cover their ass

Comment

Working...
                    X