Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Where Does Devin Haney Go After Losing To Ryan Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smash View Post
    ramadan just ended a couple of weeks ago, just blame allah for this one, couldnt train right & thats why u couldnt think right in the ring, actually blame bill for this one as well & switch onto a non fasting religion is the way to go
    Wow
    Why even mention putting the blame on Allah?
    What does Haney's religion have to do with him taking a loss in the Ring?
    I guess this is another one of Smash's intelligent boxing Post
    Smh
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Wow
      One loss and now Devin Haney career is over.....
      I love to read your Fight analysis
      You really know your Boxing..............
      Lolololololol
      u complain about me quoting u and then what do u do, quote me on a post

Comment

These two have changed their tune. Before the fight they were writing Garcia off as a train wreck. Understandable, perhaps, as that what everyone felt, at least a little, but Malignaggi also claimed he couldn't wait for the fight to be over so it could go away and he could move on to other fights. And yet here he is talking more about it.

Haney is kind of screwed because he will have to revert to a safety-first approach upping the jab-hug quotient to the max, and try to win by decisions, which is poison to the viewing public.

One thing is for certain: papa Haney needs to take a back seat and let someone professional run the show.

Comment

stick a fork in him, hes toast, hes the haney hamburger from now on

he needs to go back to 135 where hes the massive big bad dog, he thought he was moving up to get his man strength but he only ended up getting his womens strength
          Man you are too much!
          Smash Smash greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

u complain about me quoting u and then what do u do, quote me on a post
            Buddy
            You say I only post about failed Fight Predictions
            Well
            I'm Also just alerting You to all the daily Nonsense You post on Boxingscene everyday
            After one loss a Boxer should Retire or change is religion
            Corny Childish crap....

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
              Crazy that "fans" think a loss is a nail in the coffin of a fighter's career. And we wonder why fighters shy away from true 50/50 fights. Losing is a part of life/boxing. Methinks it’s a little too premature to be singing Haney's obituary for losing to another talented fighter. He will be fine and will be back. It’s all in HIS hands!!!!
              I totally agree. Some on here are holding Devin to an incredibly high standard. This just in. King Ry can fight.

Devin lost to a very good fighter that’s all. Ryan always had more natural ability than Devin Haney..

Boxing fans like myself only questioned his mental toughness and dedication to the sport. That’s all.

The Haney’s already knew from the out set that they would have their work cut out for them. Why one would ask?

It’s because Ryan has already defeated them three times before in the amateurs.

They took this fight solely for the money because the reward had far exceeded the risk.

Could it be that Ryan Garcia has Devin Haney’s number? Perhaps he does.

However, I don’t believe that anyone in the 140 pound weight division could replicate the same result as Ryan Garcia did against Devin Haney.
              Last edited by champion4ever; 04-23-2024, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Except the critique of Haney isn’t only from this fight. It stems all the way from the Linares fight (Haney rightfully won but his chin was exposed), and a lot of people had him losing to Lomachenko.

You can say this was his first loss technically, but like Broner when he lost to Maidana, the writing was already on the wall that he wasn’t going to be elite. Maidana just got the honors of technically beating him first. But Ponce De Leon and Malignaggi had already done that in a lot of fans eyes.

With Haney, in a lot of boxing fans scorecards, that was his 2nd loss.

And btw, you’re right, I agree that fighters shouldn’t be counted out because of 1 loss, or even 2-3 losses. But what people are saying is that he’s not elite, he’s not the best as he claims. Haney can beat some top ranked fighters, but not the elites. I think that’s fair to say.
                Not disagreeing with anything you say , just adding my additional 2 cents.

Linares is the same guy who put Loma on his behind and Loma is not supposed to have a glass chin. Linares can bang.
                The Loma fight is neither here nor there but I was impressed with Haney's maturity because it was a very competitive fight even if Loma got the better of him down the stretch.
                Very few in the division want anything to do with Loma. Teofimo would not give him a rematch. Haney wanted the smoke.

Haney's "sin" in this fight was his supreme confidence bordering on arrogance even with the controversy about the weight.
                He was disciplined enough not to walk down Kambosos but felt confident enough to walk down Garcia a much more dangerous puncher. Sheer madness on Haney's part.
                His game plan was all wrong and he paid the price.

Unfortunately the boxing environment is so toxic these days , the moment you get a loss, "fans" fall all over themselves with the "I told you so" .

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  The upside for this kid is tremendous. The sky is the limit for him at this point of his career.
                  Sky is the limit? He just got destroyed, he is damaged goods and does not have star power to fall back on. He can still compete and win good fights but this has likely derailed his career for good, and he will probably be a secondary fighter from now on. He lost the ability to claim he is elite and p4p, now he is seen as someone who got exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
                    Sky is the limit? He just got destroyed, he is damaged goods and does not have star power to fall back on. He can still compete and win good fights but this has likely derailed his career for good, and he will probably be a secondary fighter from now on. He lost the ability to claim he is elite and p4p, now he is seen as someone who got exposed.
                    He's done! Who can he or has he beat? All this did was reveal what already was known. Overrated. There's no top form to get back to because he never was that good.

Comment

Haney is getting written off now wow lol this stems from wrong predictions imo

Comment

Working...
                      X