Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were GBP, who do you match Ryan with next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were GBP, who do you match Ryan with next?

Pretty much anyone from 135-147 will want a piece of Garcia.

I’d be looking at Teofimo or possibly a weak belt holder at 147 like Barrios.
    BoxingParadigm BoxingParadigm likes this.

Another name. Pitbull probably.

Comment

Teo or Cruz, at catchweight over 140, no belts

Comment

He should go after title holders first. Matias if he's still able to make 140. Bootsie is the only option at 147.

But GBP has no say in who Garcia fights. In the past yes, but not now and his recent fights. Oscar could not even talk him out of what he wants. And Dela Hoya fought tooth and nail against the stipulations in the Tank fight and Ryan didn't even give a F. Maybe he eventually realized it just recently. So Ryan picks his fights and anyone at GBP can't talk him out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Pretty much anyone from 135-147 will want a piece of Garcia.

I’d be looking at Teofimo or possibly a weak belt holder at 147 like Barrios.
          I like the options you brought up. Teo at 145lbs catchweight would be an interesting match up, and getting to Barrios before Boots does would be a good move too.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Teo or Cruz, at catchweight over 140, no belts
            Would love to see those fights, but at JWW. Ryan can cut to 140lbs in a healthy way with the right team and the right amount of discipline for a full 8 wk camp. He says its impossible to make 140 and be strong, but that's because he's trying to cut that weight in the last 2-3 weeks. With a bit more discipline he could already be a world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Would love to see those fights, but at JWW. Ryan can cut to 140lbs in a healthy way with the right team and the right amount of discipline for a full 8 wk camp. He says its impossible to make 140 and be strong, but that's because he's trying to cut that weight in the last 2-3 weeks. With a bit more discipline he could already be a world champion.
              If he could pull it off, which I'm still doubtful, it would be funny to watch him knock off the guys without ever winning a belt because he's just that unprofessional.

Comment

If he can't make 140 anymore then they should match him up with one of their up and comers, either Jose Ramirez or Giovanni Santillan,

Comment

continue to fight at 143 and make up your own division canelo style. that way you will drain guys from 147 who want to fight you and you will have a size advantage over those at 140.

Comment

I would not leave the Haney rematch money on the table. Despite all the hoopla after the big win, his defense sucks, a good fighter with power is going to wreck him.

Comment

Working...
                    X