Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to garcia, haney won't be looking for a rematch any time soon.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Here for the comments and the angry bettors who lost
      SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
        Good win for cryan garcia and all but that post fight interview was next level cringy man, García one corny mofo cant even help it too bad he couldn't finish devin. Lot people lost money tonite.
        You could see Bernard Hopkins behind him telling him to be cool and not be so weird in the post fight interview. Ryan is an odd duck for sure.

Comment

Exciting fight...

Devin Haney showed a lot of heart against a bigger man, who had an unfair advantage with the extra weight at the weigh-in (ie. he could remain strong and didn't have to drain himself during training).

Need to see a proper rematch for the actual WBC belt. Or, if Ryan Garcia really can't make the weight, an ironclad catch-weight without the belts.
          megas30 megas30 Hnnnggg Hnnnggg like this.

Comment

Harvey Dock did a terrible job in this fight. Especially after the first knockdown. He should’ve taken a point from Haney for holding and should have given Garcia a hard warning for hitting after the break. That was ridiculous! Jumping in every time they touched one another. But he’ll be in another fight next week. I also believe those scorecards were really wide. When Haney wasn’t on his ass, I believe he was winning most of those other rounds. When Garcia wasn’t aggressive he was defensive, and I don’t think he was winning those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
              Exciting fight...

Devin Haney showed a lot of heart against a bigger man, who had an unfair advantage with the extra weight at the weigh-in (ie. he could remain strong and didn't have to drain himself during training).

Need to see a proper rematch for the actual WBC belt. Or, if Ryan Garcia really can't make the weight, an ironclad catch-weight without the belts.
              Bigger man, so he loses the first time the tables get turned in terms of size? Those three pounds made no difference fam, sorry to break it to you. Too much history there, but the difference maker was Ryan finally throwing right hands.
              Last edited by turnedup; 04-21-2024, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muchen View Post
                Garcia showed me something tonight. I give him his credit. Great performance. Maybe he found something with Derrick James.
                If he had listened to Derrick James at all the scorecards would not have been close. That weird turning his back and refusing to jab...not sure what his thought process was. But he won so good enough! Glad the judges didn't rob him.

Comment

Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
                  When I saw Garcia pretend to chug that beer at the weigh in, I began to believe that his antics during the build up were all an act as there was no way James or his pops would let him do that. Placed a small bet on him to win. Great hand speed and power but Garcia needs to stop this shoulder roll bs
                  To be honest that shoulder roll helped Garcia he froze Haney for a while when he used it. it looks cringe but did what it was supposed to do which was confuse Haney and make Haney get complacent Enough for Ryan to capitalize on it.

Hats off to Ryan for the win and Hats off to Haney for just making fights and even taking the fight after Ryan came in over weight.

Comment

The best part of the outcome of this fight is shutting Bill Haneys big mouth.

Comment

That referee was awful tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X