Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone88
    replied
    Wow! Yes! That was a very entertaining fight! Haney is very tough, Garcia is so talented. Great win for Garcia!

Leave a comment:

• IAMTHAT
    replied
    Originally posted by richardt View Post

Garcia and Teo Lopez seem to excel when when the world sees them as mental. The next time another fighters seems to have some screws loose, I'm going to bet on them if this trend continues.
    I know lol me too I been noticing this

Leave a comment:

• thebrownbomber_
    replied
    Originally posted by Marktko1020 View Post

First easiest was Marquez. You know when Floyd intentionally came in over the contract weight and didn’t attempt to sweat out the last two pounds. Straight unprofessional and cowardly, seeing that we’re on a thread about Ryan failing to make weight.

Even so, Marquez who was older and smaller gave a better account for himself than Haney. You’re pro-black and your boy got his ass handed to him. He and his loudmouth fighter had this coming.
    Is it a thing for you mexicans to be racist all the time and start race baiting. I am not a black man nor am I pro black, nor am i even a devin haney fan.

I can tell you don’t watch boxing and only spew a bunch of garbage your favorite fighters tell you, so let me thoroughly debunk the nonsense in your post:
    1. That was Floyd’s first fight after a 2 year hiatus. Ryan hadn’t retired for 2 years like floyd did.
    2. Marquez is 15 times the fighter Haney is, so Mayweathers win is objectively better than Garcias
    3. Marquez did not make a better account of himself. Haney rocked Ryan and was winning the fight, arguably dominating it till the 7th round. Marquez himself got dominated from the very first round.
    4. Mayweather at ryan’s current age was a 3 division world champion. Ryan Glasscia has never won a single world title and will never will. He will be the only boxer to fight at the elite level and never win a world title.

Leave a comment:

• HandsofIron
    replied
    Originally posted by letsgochump View Post

Turns out Haney is even more overrated. He faced a guy his own size and voila he is collecting himself off the floor and hugging for his life.
    I'm not a fan of either guy but I'm baffled how Haney lost since he is the better fighter (beat Regis and went the distance with Legend Lomachenko), it's like he wasn't fighting his normal self. And then gets beat by mental drunk, instagram, worldstar Ryan. whaaaaa? Bizarre fight.

Leave a comment:

• james240
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think Ryan has always had focus/bipolar or whatever issues. I don't foresee that changing. Hell you could argue embracing his adhd just lead him to the best performance of his career. He needs to talk about aliens & pedo sh^t during every camp & fight like he might give away the fight one rd or KO his opp the next.
    Yer but he was totally wacked on Tiktok like seriously sounded like he needed a padded cell and a strayjacket lol just because he won the fight on the weekend doesn't mean he is doing okay behind the scenes.

Leave a comment:

• sargo
    replied
    Glad Garcia won, but cannot ignore his not making weight. Of course it made a difference. That’s why Tank demanded a rehydration clause. That’s why Canelo had trouble with a bigger Bivol who is also talented. Only Pacquiao who’s naturally smaller than the welterweights he faced made it look like it didn’t matter. But it does.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied
    Originally posted by megas30 View Post

You don't know what you are talking about. Tell me something Garcia did outside those three knockdowns?
    Beat the stuffing outta that turkey.

Leave a comment:

• ELPacman
    replied
    It was an entertaining fight, but ****** in so many ways. Okay, the weight bully Haney got a taste of his own medicine. Ryan wins, but gets no belt out of it. Ryan also has an asterisk next to the win because he didn't make weight. Would Ryan making weight have changed the outcome? More than likely not.

At the end of the day, the fight felt useless since Ryan got nothing out of it besides "props" for beating a smaller guy who normally outweighs his opponents on fight night by not making weight himself and in return, turning into the weight bully, lol. This is new age boxing for you.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Leave a comment:

• garfios
    replied
    Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I don't know if he did but if he said that he should commit to his word.
    Let's see what he does. The guy can be annoying.

Leave a comment:

• uppercut510
    replied
    as soon as devin felt that power he never recovered, he had no answers for the left hook. his guard is too easy to punch through and cant really fight going forward... hopefully he works on the holes in his game, he benefited from fighting smaller guys, but against men his size who have power we saw who he really was, im not gon dog the man out and call him a bum, he won some rounds but he needs to add another trainer and upgrade his game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X