Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Expects Beterbiev To Eventually Break Down "Overrated" Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bivol is the type of fighter who fights to his level of competition and I believe he will put in a career best performance against Beterbiev. That said, I think Beterbiev just punches way too hard and Bivol will have no answer for the power jabs, body shots and short hooks and he'll eventually break down. I also believe something went down between the two in a previous spar as Beterbiev alluded to in the press conference where Beterbiev clearly got the upper hand.
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
      Bivol beats the Beterbiev from the Yarde fight.

However, in the Callum Smith fight, Beterbiev just showed another level entirely; amazing distance control and footwork that just broke down Smith almost immediately.

Beterbiev has more IQ than you bozos give him credit for.
      I'm rooting for beter but your logic is ridiculous.

The yarde fight was difficult cause he's a big puncher and actually showed good movement. Bivols pitty pats won't even faze beter.

The callum Smith fight is what showed you beter was on another level? Beating a fvkcing bum who got a gift against Ryder and lost to freaking carnela? Ridicul
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

I'm rooting for beter but your logic is ridiculous.

The yarde fight was difficult cause he's a big puncher and actually showed good movement. Bivols pitty pats won't even faze beter.

The callum Smith fight is what showed you beter was on another level? Beating a fvkcing bum who got a gift against Ryder and lost to freaking carnela? Ridicul
        People wrote Beterbiev off after a lackluster performance against Yarde

Beterbiev comes back and dominates a giant 168lbs champion who had massive power yet you call him a bum?
        ​​​​​​

Dude, learn to speak with some manners.

Do you speak like this in real life? I'm surprised nobody has knocked you the **** out

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post

People wrote Beterbiev off after a lackluster performance against Yarde

Beterbiev comes back and dominates a giant 168lbs champion who had massive power yet you call him a bum?
          ​​​​​​

Dude, learn to speak with some manners.

Do you speak like this in real life? I'm surprised nobody has knocked you the **** out
          Massive power? Who was a top 10 fighter that he stopped at 168 or 175? Smith became mandatory for beter thru bs rankings. Dude had no business being in there with beter. Lmao beter being on another level for beating callum fvkcing Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
            Been saying it for years. Bivol is a very good fighter but before Canelo, he was seen as the weakest of the beltholders. Canelo is overrated and Bivol was bigger and fought a very smart fight.

The only fighter beating Biev will be a guy with big power who can also outbox him. Artur is a hugely underrated boxer, has great feet and great head movement, and he hits so hard that guys start breaking down early.

At this point Biev is really the perfect fighter. He cuts the ring off as well as any fighter ever has, he has the defense to not get hit a ton, and when big punchers like Yearde do land, he walks through it and keeps coming.

Bivol has one chance and that is to run. And if he does that he likely loses a UD.

Only factor IMO with Biev is if he gets old overnight. I see no signs. Many people for some reason hate the guy and pick against him constantly. He is generational talent and fans should just appreciate gettiing to see him before he retires. The sport itself is on the ropes and Biev is one of a handful of guys delivering these types of performances.
            The "perfect fighter" has been dropped on his ass by c level euro bums and put on Bambi legs several times. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Hearns went in looking to wipe out Leonard. Julian Jackson went in looking to wipe out Mike McCallum. Tyson went in looking to wipe out Holyfield. Gomez went in looking to wipe out Sanchez. Trinidad went in looking to wipe out Hopkins.

What happens when the puncher can't wipe out the boxer or bend him to his will?
              I am completely understand mindset. I almost always favor the boxer over the puncher when all things are perceived about equal.

​​​​​​Thats what makes this matchup so interesting to me. My instinct to go with the "boxer" in Bivol is in conflict with what I've seen with my own eyes when Beterbiev is in the ring.

Whoever wins (and I'm wrong about as much as I'm right), I think we as fans are in for a special one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

They sound like gunshots, don't they? I've never seen someone get so much power without winding up. I've sent people training videos where his punches sound like ******* blasts, and they always say "oh that's just the echo." No. That's for real.
                I've seen some heavy handed fighters (to include heavyweights) live and up close and I have never heard as concussive a sound as Beterbiev's punches landing on a human body.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

The "perfect fighter" has been dropped on his ass by c level euro bums and put on Bambi legs several times. Lol

Regina , every time you open your mouth you make yourself sound and look dumber and dumber
                  How many times was the great Ali knocked down ?
                  I know , you won’t answer cause you got a vagina
                  Is Ali a bum also ?

Smfh

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                    Of the two, canelo is actually the overrated one as far as actual ability.
                    He is a very good fighter but his record against top flight opponents of the same size is spotty, I agree.

Comment

If Bivol can keep his game for 12 rounds, probably yes. Gvozdyk gassed after 6.

Comment

Working...
                      X