Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Expects Beterbiev To Eventually Break Down "Overrated" Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
    People get all wet cause Bivol beat a ****, fat gased Canelo. Couldn't even KO him, even though Canelo doesn't run around the ring.
    Bivol hadn’t ko’d anyone in years before the canelo fight, he’s not a ko puncher. That’s actually why canelo picked him. He misjudged the scenario because Bivol hadn’t looked good in his 2 previous fights also. Canelo wouldn’t have taken that risk if he knew how good Bivol actually was. That version of canelo is the same version we always see, the difference was the opponent was better and didn’t allow him to dictate the pace with his 1-2 punches at a time the way his lesser opposition has in the past. He forced canelo to fight fast, punched back every time canelo threw a punch and exposed his lack of stamina which has always been an issue. Of the two, canelo is actually the overrated one as far as actual ability.
    Last edited by rrayvez; 04-16-2024, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
      Bivol with clean house for the 1st 4-5 rounds. Beterbiev will have his spots with his normal shoe-shine punches which look like nothing is on them and a few body shots when Bivol is exiting his combos and the move. 6th round is where the fight starts. on a side note, bivol doesn't angle like lomachenko or move fluently like a young erislandy lara, he basically goes back in a straight line with a wide stance. don't think beteribiev will have probably finding him when the fight slows down.
      Yeah it's surprising to see an elite boxer almost always moving back in straight lines. He does have incredible footwork and control of distance though – super relaxed, hands down and letting punches whiff past his nose without even blinking.

If a fighter like Beterbiev steps in with 4-5 punches then I'd like to see how Bivol handles that.

Comment

Like in the Canelo fight that many said he was a cherry pick I reminded people that we have never seen if Bivol can go on second gear to secure a win. He has not been pushed as of yet.

Either Beterbiev gets to him or rises to the next level during the fight it remains to be seen. Great fighters have the ability to adjust or go to the next level. I have never seen anyone push Bivol hard yet.

Comment

I think Bivol is underrated. He beat Canelo, the only one do to so clearly since Mayweather.

Yes, he's not flashy and going to ever show you high level excitement a la Sugar Ray Leonard, but he's really high quality too.

Comment

This fool said Bivol is great but overrated lol....
            BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Quite Glad that Usyk vs Fury and Beterviev vs Bivol are happening within the same month.

But I am also looking forward for Gvozdyk vs Benavidez with the winner fighting Beterviev/Bivol later this year.

Comment

A tough fight for both boxers but I feel Bivol will survive and win by decision. He has good footwork, better speed and timing. He is a good counter puncher and knows how to fight from a distance.
                BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                  A tough fight for both boxers but I feel Bivol will survive and win by decision. He has good footwork, better speed and timing. He is a good counter puncher and knows how to fight from a distance.
                  I favour Beterbiev, but I think you've hit on something when you said "survive." If Bivol wins, he does it by managing to survive.

One of these fighters is going in with the mentality of wiping the other out. One is going in trying to see the final bell and get a decision.

Comment

I mean to say that Bivol will survive the power punches of Biev. His timing and counter punches are superb.

Comment

Bivol will win this one by UD. I would give him 8-9 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X