Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Expects Beterbiev To Eventually Break Down "Overrated" Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I am completely understand mindset. I almost always favor the boxer over the puncher when all things are perceived about equal.

​​​​​​Thats what makes this matchup so interesting to me. My instinct to go with the "boxer" in Bivol is in conflict with what I've seen with my own eyes when Beterbiev is in the ring.

Whoever wins (and I'm wrong about as much as I'm right), I think we as fans are in for a special one.
    These guys forget that Joe Smith clocked Bivol late in the 10th or 11th and Bivol came out the next round and continued thrashing Smith as though nothing happened. Unlike the guys Artur has ground down (with the possible exception of Gvozdyk), none of them have the deep amateur pedigree that Bivol does. Bivol won't lose confidence in deep waters. He knows Beterbiev and known his since the amateurs. He's seen guys like Artur before.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
      I mean to say that Bivol will survive the power punches of Biev. His timing and counter punches are superb.
      This was the same thing with Gvoz for 1st 6-7 rounds. He was managing distance with his jabs and 1-2s. Then a couple of body shots and the pace of the fight slowed and the distance became shorter and shorter. This is the same thing his corner was saying, you have to maintain the distance as the accumulation from Beterbiev mounted. It' going to be a great one but Bivol is going to have to weather a storm for the last 4-5 rounds. Beterbiev is too high level to let you get away with 12 rounds of 1-2s and combos, in and out scoot free.
      Last edited by hhh1200; 04-17-2024, 04:43 AM.
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Idk how as a fellow professional fighter you can call Dmitry Bivol overrated and keep a straight face on. Gvozdyk might have to eat his words soon, because I think Bivol is going to edge it over Beterbiev. I can also see a Draw. But not sure if Beterbiev will win.

Comment

Working...
        X