Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Expects Beterbiev To Eventually Break Down "Overrated" Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post
    Even with a 39 year old Beterbiev this is still a 50/50, and "overrated" is insane.
    The only overrated fighter is Gvodzyk. Once it was clear Ukraine was losing the war this punk decides to resurrect his boxing career. This coward should be fighting for his country because he is not champion material. Can’t wait till Benavides beats him into submission. 100% he takes a knee and quits.

Comment

War Beterbiev

Comment

Gvozdyk is a pushy who is obviously salty about something regarding Bivol. Everyone said Canelo would get Bivol. After Bivol SON'd Canelo, it was Zurdo. After he SON'd Zurdo, it's someone else. The goalposts keep moving. After Bivol handles Artur, they will say Artur got old. It will never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
          Been saying it for years. Bivol is a very good fighter but before Canelo, he was seen as the weakest of the beltholders. Canelo is overrated and Bivol was bigger and fought a very smart fight.

The only fighter beating Biev will be a guy with big power who can also outbox him. Artur is a hugely underrated boxer, has great feet and great head movement, and he hits so hard that guys start breaking down early.

At this point Biev is really the perfect fighter. He cuts the ring off as well as any fighter ever has, he has the defense to not get hit a ton, and when big punchers like Yearde do land, he walks through it and keeps coming.

Bivol has one chance and that is to run. And if he does that he likely loses a UD.

Only factor IMO with Biev is if he gets old overnight. I see no signs. Many people for some reason hate the guy and pick against him constantly. He is generational talent and fans should just appreciate gettiing to see him before he retires. The sport itself is on the ropes and Biev is one of a handful of guys delivering these types of performances.
          "Gets old overnight".

Warming those EXCUSES up already, huh?

Goalpost Moving 101

Comment

Bivol with clean house for the 1st 4-5 rounds. Beterbiev will have his spots with his normal shoe-shine punches which look like nothing is on them and a few body shots when Bivol is exiting his combos and the move. 6th round is where the fight starts. on a side note, bivol doesn't angle like lomachenko or move fluently like a young erislandy lara, he basically goes back in a straight line with a wide stance. don't think beteribiev will have probably finding him when the fight slows down

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
              Gvozdyk is a pushy who is obviously salty about something regarding Bivol. Everyone said Canelo would get Bivol. After Bivol SON'd Canelo, it was Zurdo. After he SON'd Zurdo, it's someone else. The goalposts keep moving. After Bivol handles Artur, they will say Artur got old. It will never end.
              Indeed.Bivol never gets any credit. Than they will say he must win a cruiserweight title.
              BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Bivol beats the Beterbiev from the Yarde fight.

However, in the Callum Smith fight, Beterbiev just showed another level entirely; amazing distance control and footwork that just broke down Smith almost immediately.

Beterbiev has more IQ than you bozos give him credit for.
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

No one reacts to this statement "If you watch Bivol-Canelo, Canelo never had any problems locking him against the ropes."
                  This guy's a total idiot, Canelo never locked Bivol at any point.

Comment

Everybody is insulting the Voz.............the wizzard of Voz say's.......OH Great Voz.. This is what Better should do is have his ring walk music be " i got the power " by Snap when he walks into the ring bc he has got it knows how to deliver it, and will land it and knock that boy down and out and it will not take long to take care of that pc of business.......

Comment

I rate Bivol very high as do many others. Leading up to the Canelo fight, there were a lot of people who felt Bivol was going to win. Same when he took on Zurdo. He has elite use of distance and timing in my opinion.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Someone can look at Beterbiev's record with all the KOs, they can watch him on TV and think they understand how hard he hits...as I've said before, I viewed Beterbiev much differently after seeing him live and listening to the concussive nature of his punches. I've seen hundreds of live fights and never heard anything like Beterbiev's thudding impact.

Gvozdyk was a helluva fighter, he destroyed Stevenson, Yuniesky and Chilemba. Gvozdyk didn't quit that night against Beterbiev, he was physically beaten until his body wouldn't respond anymore.

If there's a man to beat Artur, it's Bivol. I think Dmitri will be ahead on the cards but can he avoid the same punishment and can his body will him past the final round? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X