No announcement yet.

Should Fury stop Usyk....How Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Fury stop Usyk....How Great?

He takes a lot of heat on this board and much of it is well deserved.

Lets say they both come in fit and firing on all cylinders, but Fury breaks loose in the mid to late rounds to overwhelm his opponent, and takes him out, leaving no doubt he's the better man.

What kind of legacy boost does he get for that?

In the interest of full disclosure; I personally would place him here:

Top 25 in 50 years 1974 - 2024

1. Larry Holmes
    2. Lennox Lewis
    3. Muhammad Ali
    4. Mike Tyson
    5. Tyson Fury
    6. George Foreman
    7. Wladimir Klitschko
    8. Ken Norton
    9. Joe Frazier
    6. Evander Holyfield
    7. Oleksandr Usyk
    8. Anthony Joshua
    9. Deontay Wilder
    10.Ron Lyle
    11.Vitali Klitschko
    12.Rid**** Bowe
    13. Gerry Cooney
    14. Earnie Shavers
    15.Jimmy Young
    16.Ike Ibeabuchi
    17.Tim Witherspoon
    18.Gerrie Coetzee
    19.Andrew Golota
    20.Michael Dokes
    21.Joseph Parker
    22.David Tua
    23.Alexander Povetkin
    24.Mike Weaver
    25.Frank Bruno​

I'd like to flip that question. We all know you're a big Fury fan. Where will you place Usyk if he beats Fury? For me, beating Usyk fairly will prove that he's more than just hype. I rated Wilder more than many on here, but he's still a very limited fighter with a limited resume, and he's the best win for Fury after Klitschko, and Klitschko was a shadow of himself in that fight. I'd like to see Fury beat both Usyk AND AJ, and probably Parker and Hrgovic to really cement his place in the era, let alone the all time heavyweights, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
      I'd like to flip that question. We all know you're a big Fury fan. Where will you place Usyk if he beats Fury? For me, beating Usyk fairly will prove that he's more than just hype. I rated Wilder more than many on here, but he's still a very limited fighter with a limited resume, and he's the best win for Fury after Klitschko, and Klitschko was a shadow of himself in that fight. I'd like to see Fury beat both Usyk AND AJ, and probably Parker and Hrgovic to really cement his place in the era, let alone the all time heavyweights, personally.
      It's what Ali would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

It's what Ali would do.
        So where would you rate Usyk if he beats Fury? What if he does it twice?

Comment

If Usyk wins, they flip on my list.

But if Usyk loses, the "He's just a bum" posters will come directly out of the woodwork.

....which is a byproduct of mediocre people being envious of the heroic.

Comment

Fury suprised Klitschko with playing tag for 12 rounds and went insane when he had to contractually fight him again so went on a coke binge as an excuse. Wlad could have tailored his gameplan specifically for that pathetic performance, and Fury knew this thats why he faked his meltdown. Was counted out in Wilder 1, a Wilder that went life and death with 45 y/o Ortiz, and only fought cans that were fed to him by Al Haymon. Now he fights Usyk but again the size difference plays a major factor here, the only thing that keeps him on top. Would lose against most fighters on that list prime for prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
              Fury suprised Klitschko with playing tag for 12 rounds and went insane when he had to contractually fight him again so went on a coke binge as an excuse. Wlad could have tailored his gameplan specifically for that pathetic performance, and Fury knew this thats why he faked his meltdown. Was counted out in Wilder 1, a Wilder that went life and death with 45 y/o Ortiz, and only fought cans that were fed to him by Al Haymon. Now he fights Usyk but again the size difference plays a major factor here, the only thing that keeps him on top. Would lose against most fighters on that list prime for prime.
              This might be a little harsh.

Who did Wladimir Klitschko defend against successfully who was better than Fury?

I recall that when the man from whom Joshua won his world title (Charles Martin) met one of Wilder's "Cans", (Luis Ortiz), he got blown away.
              Last edited by Willow The Wisp; 04-15-2024, 01:04 PM.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

that would be a very good achievement stopping usyk

AJ didnt come close to that in 2 attempts

its very unlikely to happen tho i would say
                billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                  If Usyk wins, they flip on my list.

But if Usyk loses, the "He's just a bum" posters will come directly out of the woodwork.

....which is a byproduct of mediocre people being envious of the heroic.
                  You got that. People on here really don't want to give him any credit even when he hasn't lost.
                  Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

I don't rate Holmes as highly as you. If we're just talking the last 50 years, then Fury beating Usyk would put him 3rd behind Ali and Lennox. Especially if he beats AJ as well as that's his era cleaned out. Would be 4th behind Foreman if it was the last 51 years because his wins over Frazier and Norton were that long ago.
                    Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X