Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Wants Terence Crawford, But Bud - For Now - Isn't Looking His Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Reading really isn’t your strength huh? I don’t think anyone is on the talent level of Roy jones. I didn’t compare anyone to him. But I said, I don’t think there have been 2 fighters of this talent to step in the ring together SINCE Roy Jones vs James Toney.
    iIf you know boxing, you could see Boots skill level, his IQ, his speed, accuracy, ability to counter and his power. People who know boxing can recognize high level fighters even before they get their big opportunities. Keep watching the sport, maybe you’ll reach that level one day.
    You are a clown talking out of your ass. Ennis is completely untested and you're hyping him up because you like him.

I think he's a good prospect but you're absolutely insane to compare Ennis vs Crawford to Toney vs Jones on any level.
    ptek ptek OnePunch OnePunch like this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

You are a clown talking out of your ass. Ennis is completely untested and you're hyping him up because you like him.

I think he's a good prospect but you're absolutely insane to compare Ennis vs Crawford to Toney vs Jones on any level.
      Yeah, you’re just dumb and a bit emotional. Saying they may be the best talent to potentially share the ring since then isn’t compassing them. But you’re clearly short yellow bus slow and can’t see the difference.
      Not knowing what the term prospect actually means and not being able to recognize a high level talent proves that you don’t know shyt about boxing. I can’t make you understand it so will just have to accept your ignorance fairy commander.

Comment

When I look at Boots I see a 154lber an with the currently landscape I'm not sure why he's even wasting his time at 147 now when everyone of importance is moving up

Comment

Not just Boots and it might be the Asian in me but whenever a boxer is called a prospect at the age of 26 (27 by the time he fights next) having been fighting at prolevel for 8 years and has over 30 matches, it makes me wonder if the definition of a prospect is the same as a contender nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Yeah, you’re just dumb and a bit emotional. Saying they may be the best talent to potentially share the ring since then isn’t compassing them. But you’re clearly short yellow bus slow and can’t see the difference.
            Not knowing what the term prospect actually means and not being able to recognize a high level talent proves that you don’t know shyt about boxing. I can’t make you understand it so will just have to accept your ignorance fairy commander.
            Clown shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              Eddeh needs to somehow explain to that Turki guy that Bud v Boots is a way better fight than Bud v Tim/Fundora.
              Hellsbell No - Timmy vs Crawford is the biggest fight at #154 or #147. Boots ain’t ready for Tysu or Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                Not just Boots and it might be the Asian in me but whenever a boxer is called a prospect at the age of 26 (27 by the time he fights next) having been fighting at prolevel for 8 years and has over 30 matches, it makes me wonder if the definition of a prospect is the same as a contender nowadays.
                You're a prospect until you've been tested. The number of fights and age is irrelevant.

Ennis is untested. His best win was a very faded Lipinets who was fighting above his best weight and years after his prime. And that's the only notable name he has fought.

Comment

The Moment Ennis Looks Lackluster like he did against that Karin Character Guess What?! Bud will give'em That Beating hes Beggin for!!

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

You're a prospect until you've been tested. The number of fights and age is irrelevant.

Ennis is untested. His best win was a very faded Lipinets who was fighting above his best weight and years after his prime. And that's the only notable name he has fought.
                    For me, in any sport a good prospect is a young and/or relatively new guy who doesn't have the overall experience yet but has a potential to become something special in the near future. For example in baseball, a 28 years old pitcher who has been in the minor league for a decade and still hasn't been called up to the MLB level is a fringe backup player/journeyman, and not a prospect IMO even if he is still rookie status available by definition.

Obviously different rules and sport so not calling Boots a journeyman or has no future, but to me a guy who hasn't been tested yet after being in the pros for 8 years with over 30 matches is no longer a prospect with a potentially bright future but merely one of the many generic contender and nothing more until he actually proves otherwise.

Comment

I get it. Bud is at the top, he has the belts, but he IS old. He wants the big, big fights. Ennis isn’t that. And boxing is like the only sport where the best don’t have to fight who ever is next in line in the rankings for their division title. They don’t have to obey. If push comes to shove, Crawford can just drop the belts and leave, move up.

It’s really Crawford’s choice. And he doesn’t want it, so it won’t happen.

He probably wants something new. New division, new belts, new accolades. Ennis doesn’t bring that.

So I get it.
                      ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X