No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Time Is Now For Bud vs. Boots, It Makes Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Fundora is likely to vacate the WBO title to duck Crawford; his manager has already said that they're looking at Spence or the Tszyu rematch next. Rumor is that the Saudis are backing Crawford to challenge Madrimov for his WBA belt and possibly the vacant WBO belt. And that's a way better fight than Ennis.
    Fact that you bring up Fundora, who won't be available for several months, suggests to me that you're okay with these boxers waiting around for long periods of time. BTW, Fundora is no walk in the park for any 147-154 guy. It's delusional to think so. Crawford is better off staying away from Sebastian. One foot height advantage is no laughing matter. And the towering inferno is not just some fighter without skills.

What Crawford and Ennis need is a fight now, not six months from now or some fight that may never happen.
    Last edited by brettWall; 04-09-2024, 11:14 PM.
    Murray Kelm Murray Kelm likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

I'm just merely stating what PBC has to offer and that's just at 154 save for Lara. No one else has anything like that to offer Bud. And I disagree that those guys I mentioned wouldn't jump at the chance to fight Bud. Very good PHEY-DHEY even if they lose. Now I do agree that most of them wouldn't dare jump in the ring with Sir Boots!
      I thought the narrative was that Bud doesn't sell. Which is it? He's a cash cow and everyone wants to fight him, or he doesn't sell so there's no payday?

That being said, yes, there's a lot of fights at PBC. But he doubtless likes being a free agent.
      ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
        Fact that you bring up Fundora, who won't be available for several months, suggests to me that you're okay with these boxers waiting around for long periods of time. BTW, Fundora is no walk in the park for any 147-154 guy. It's delusional to think so. Crawford is better off staying away with Sebastian. One foot height advantage is no laughing matter. And the towering inferno is not just some fighter without skills.

What Crawford and Ennis need is a fight now, not six months from now or some fight that may never happen.
        Your comprehension sucks. He brought up Fundora to say that Fundora's manager was talking like they were going to vacate rather than fight Bud. That's the exact opposite of what you're on about here.
        ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Ok let me rephrase that....6-8 ENTERTAINING fights left. Spence II, KEEF, Danny, Lara, Lubin, Fundora, Tsyzu, Jermell, Boots...hold up let me re-rephrasr that...6-8 VERY GOOD fights left bro!
          I'm not talking about how many potential opponents Crawford has. I'm talking about how many fights he will take at this point in his career. He'll be 37 in 5 months. I'm sure he's looking for the biggest paydays in the time that he has left in the sport. Just listen to his post-fight interview vs Spence. Of all of those on your list, Fundora and Tszyu will bring big revenue. Interest in Spence II might be there, but that beat down in the first fight leaves little to the imagination. Thurman is done, DSG is all but done, Lara is old and not much of a draw, Lubin, forget it, Jermell, lol, Boots, too young and high-risk. One fight that Bud would jump at is vs Canelo, who's not on your list. Now, If Red would give Bud a fight for enough cash, BOOM! That would be it, he'd take the money and run, win, lose or draw, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Your comprehension sucks. He brought up Fundora to say that Fundora's manager was talking like they were going to vacate rather than fight Bud. That's the exact opposite of what you're on about here.
            And you interpreted something that is downright erroneous. Fundora is not ducking anyone. Why tf would he?

Comment

And you interpreted something that is downright erroneous. Fundora is not ducking anyone. Why tf would he?
              His manager literally said that they were thinking about vacating WBO to fight Spence instead, if they don't rematch Tszyu. The only one with false crap is you. That's literal fact, not my interpretation. Fami, factually, said that Fundora's manager said they were thinking about vacating rather than fight Bud. That's on record. Again, literal fact. The only one misinterpreting anything is you. And you want to double down when it's all on record? FOH.
              ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

His manager literally said that they were thinking about vacating WBO to fight Spence instead, if they don't rematch Tszyu. The only one with false crap is you. That's literal fact, not my interpretation. Fami, factually, said that Fundora's manager said they were thinking about vacating rather than fight Bud. That's on record. Again, literal fact. The only one misinterpreting anything is you. And you want to double down when it's all on record? FOH.
                Nothing is final in this damn sport. People need to use common sense sometimes. Why would he duck Crawford when he just fought the top guy in his division at a moment's notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Homie I see the marine insig and I just buy them drinks

relentless Send in the Marin’s. In Yokosuka marines do great volunteer work.
                  I personally did two pumps to Camp Schwab Okinawa, a month at CampFuji Japan, three months East China Sea and two weeks training with Thai Marines in Thailand on the 31st MEU
                  Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Nothing is final in this damn sport. People need to use common sense sometimes. Why would he duck Crawford when he just fought the top guy in his division at a moment's notice?
                    Nobody is saying that anything is final. They're saying what was reported. Again, work on your comprehension.

Also, if you can't figure out why Fundora would duck Bud to fight Spence or Tszyu, with an entire thread discussing it, you need to get off the Internet and go back to school.

It$ not that complicated.
                    ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Sad part is so many fans are ok with the inactivity, would rather have their favorite sit than take a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X