Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Watched Lomachenko vs Haney 5 Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum, I still don't know what exactly his play was, just like I'll never understand the Bradley robbery of Pac.

Comment

I rewatched the fight threes times (really felt like a intense throwback fight).

Still think Lomachenko won 7-5, but it be a stretch to say a close fight is a robbery. Plus the judges specially focus in the championship rounds (Loma obviously the eleventh) where Loma literally said he gave it away the last one thinking he did enough.

The rounds Loma won though he obviously outpointed Haney with a pretty big lead with those multiple combinations in the phone booth compared to Haney's which were Razor close, wonder if the judges couldn't see them considering how still Haney looked with a poker face. Didn't know he could throw those thudding body shots either which seemed to slow Loma down and wear him down, pretty solid game plan though I don't know if he outworked him.

(Also thought that people preferred head shots over body work when it came to winning round)

Last edited by Feroz; 03-27-2024, 03:43 PM.
      joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

also had it 8/4 loma. was a clear winner imo.
        MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          Honestly, if you erase his 2nd pro debut fight where he was fouled to death by Salido, I'd consider him still undefeated, lol. I'm one of the few that had him beating Teofimo. Haney has even more believing he won than the Teofimo outcome. By all means, Loma has at least 1 loss if I remove these two questionable decision losses to Haney and Lopez.
          I dont see how someone can have Lomachenko beating Lopez. The most I can give is a draw and that is if im trying to give Lomachenko every benefit of the doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
            I rewatched the fight threes times (really felt like a intense throwback fight).

Still think Lomachenko won 7-5, but it be a stretch to say a close fight is a robbery. Plus the judges specially focus in the championship rounds (Loma obviously the eleventh) where Loma literally said he gave it away the last one thinking he did enough.

The rounds Loma won though he obviously outpointed Haney with a pretty big lead with those multiple combinations in the phone booth compared to Haney's which were Razor close, wonder if the judges couldn't see them considering how still Haney looked with a poker face. Didn't know he could throw those thudding body shots either which seemed to slow Loma down and wear him down, pretty solid game plan though I don't know if he outworked him.

(Also thought that people preferred head shots over body work when it came to winning round)

No they dont. They are worth the same as the rest of the rounds in a boxing match. Big myth.
            fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike100 View Post

I dont see how someone can have Lomachenko beating Lopez. The most I can give is a draw and that is if im trying to give Lomachenko every benefit of the doubt
              Agreed. He gave away 7 rounds. Anyone capable of making it to the final bell could have won that one.

I'm surprised Cypocryphy hasn't been in here to point out that AI scored this one like 11-1 Loma or something.

Comment

I like Lomachenko and I feel like he’s a great athlete but not the best ring general. He used to always give away too many rounds and people just say “he’s downloading”.
                fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

I rewatched it 1,384,942 times so far and every time it’s been a close, either way fight.

I’ve got my 1,384,943rd rewatch scheduled later actually so thanks for reminding me.
                  Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Teo gave, or should I say, Loma gave Loma that L
                    Deservedly
                    You take 1/2 the fight off, you deserve to lose.

Anyway, boxers don't score fights
                    Can't really hate them if they catch a gift W

Comment

The fight is a draw. The rule is scoring it round by round and there were many close ones, some that Haney lost, but also won.

Against Salido, both won and lost a fair amount of rounds. Yeah, Salido landed some low blows, just as Loma abused the clinching, holding and pushing but this has to be taken to the referee for not fixing the game - something he is supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X