Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Says It Would Take $150m-200m To Face David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy mackerel, I can’t believe what I just read in this article. Obviously this is the biggest duck in history but Canelo should have just left it his asking price and not say, benavidez brings nothing to the table because what the hell does munguia bring to the table? Benavidez has been canelo mandatory for 2 years and if he won’t fight him then strip him of his title. I use to be an Canelo fan and always respected his resume but after this ridiculous, unheard of asking price, I’m not a fan anymore.
    fistic flow fistic flow likes this.

Comment

Call me an optimist, but I get the strange feeling something is being held back from the boxing fans - something we're not privy to - and that this fight WILL happen sooner rather than later. I had half a thought that Canelo might wait until Benavidez fights Gvozdyk and then weight drain and clause the crap out of him like he did to Kovalev, or that maybe everyone is blowing smoke until after the Munguia clash. I don't know, but I do know my optimism is rarely reciprocated so it's more likely that yes, Canelo is a scaredy cat.

In either case, Canelo will be gone soon enough and there are about a hundred more exciting fighters on whom to fixate our loyalty, and until Canelo actually steps into the ring with Benny, he won't get a dime out of me. Whether it's ducking a fighter or shucking the fans, I'm just burnt out on it all.
      TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Canelo is just kidding. No one has ever got paid that much, despite what they told us about what Mayweather and Pacquiao got for their fight.

Comment

It seems that there's a bit of truth in what everyone's saying. I have stated many times that there isn't a compelling argument to say that Canelo has ducked Benavidez up to now, but if he didn't fight him in May 2024, then it can be called nothing less. It seems clear that either Canelo or his handlers (I think its Eddie) has doubts about his ability to beat David at this stage of his career, but I think they all do realize that Canelo simply cannot stay in the sport much longer and not take this fight. Accepting that reality, Canelo wants to be sure to earn his full value for such a big risk. With all of the money that has been tossed around (most for the HWs) by the Saudis, it seems that Team Canelo is angling hard for Saudi attention. Turki Alalshikh doesn't seem to be so interested yet, but if both Canelo and Benavidez win their next fights impressively, Canelo just might get his 9-figure purse (nothing close to 200M but 100M could be possible). If he does, then the wait would have been worth the temporary hit to his reputation. I personally still think Canelo beats Benavidez, but I may well change my mind about that in May. TBH, I would not mind at all if Munguia wins that fight by emphatic KO.
          Pharlapz Pharlapz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Canelo is just kidding. No one has ever got paid that much, despite what they told us about what Mayweather and Pacquiao got for their fight.
            So it was all lies ?
            That’s what we’re going with
            lmfao

Comment

I’m hoping Canelo is just trolling everyone and fights Benavidez in the Fall. Otherwise, this is a giant duck via pricing himself out of the fight.

Comment

This fight will never happen imho
                No way to age him or see decline
                Duck , overpricing wtv you call it but it ain’t happening

Comment

For someone coming from poverty and selling ice cream bars, Canelo has gone overboard with these demands.
                  mattconan mattconan likes this.

Comment

All I need to know is where in hell is Regge????
                    mattconan mattconan El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      All I need to know is where in hell is Regge????
                      It’s Regina for starters
                      You have rocks outside your home , just check
                      Nah , Regina is a good girl
                      lmfao
                      eco1 eco1 El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X