Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Says It Would Take $150m-200m To Face David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Says It Would Take $150m-200m To Face David Benavidez

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs) arrived in Los Angeles hoping to stay focused on the task at hand, speak at a podium, and fulfil his press commitments
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thats a lot of pesos.
    Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

So Clenelo Alvaroid is simply going to price himself out of a fight with Beneviedez.

Comment

I've lost ALL respect for Canelo Alvarez and that's saying something because he was one of my favorite fighters if not thee favorite for several years. To see him say the stuff he's saying to justify not fighting Benavidez is pathetic. What does he bring to the table? How about the biggest PPV fight option of your entire life Saul? That's what he brings. More people would buy and tune in for that than any other option he could pick from. "Not going to fight another Mexican" what a clown of a statement. The dude is clearly terrified of losing and not making my big dollars from PPV fights he knows he'll win. If he wants to go that route fine then vacate the titles and fight all the John Ryder's you want to. "I don't have anything to prove" yes you do. That's your job your profession to prove you're the best fighter in your division when you hold titles it's your duty to prove yourself against the consensus #1 contender over and over until retirement so don't give us fans that BS. I hope every single viewer steals these next fights and refuses to buy his BS fights.

Comment

How many more articles about the same thing must we go through ?
          Yes he wants 200 million and you can twist it any way you want
          Ducking , overpricing or maybe he’s just that smart if someone is willing to pony it up

Comment

Relax Haters,it’s called negotiating.Canelo going to capitalize how much you hate.Canelo says thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
              Relax Haters,it’s called negotiating.Canelo going to capitalize how much you hate.Canelo says thanks!
              It would be absolutely impossible to give Canelo anything close to that for Benavidez and he knows it. Negotiating would be a 70 mil demand, and then maybe the saudis swoop in with 60 mil.

Comment

Then he should be stripped of the belt... Too bad Sulaiman is as corrupt as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by vitruvian View Post
                  I've lost ALL respect for Canelo Alvarez and that's saying something because he was one of my favorite fighters if not thee favorite for several years. To see him say the stuff he's saying to justify not fighting Benavidez is pathetic. What does he bring to the table? How about the biggest PPV fight option of your entire life Saul? That's what he brings. More people would buy and tune in for that than any other option he could pick from. "Not going to fight another Mexican" what a clown of a statement. The dude is clearly terrified of losing and not making my big dollars from PPV fights he knows he'll win. If he wants to go that route fine then vacate the titles and fight all the John Ryder's you want to. "I don't have anything to prove" yes you do. That's your job your profession to prove you're the best fighter in your division when you hold titles it's your duty to prove yourself against the consensus #1 contender over and over until retirement so don't give us fans that BS. I hope every single viewer steals these next fights and refuses to buy his BS fights.
                  Its called supply and demand. If the promoters and public truly demands it, then supply the asking price. If Canelo can make $60M against Munguia or a Charlo, why fight for that same amount against the next guy who is making a lot of noise and building a huge following?

if May/Pac could generate similar amounts 10 years ago and without current inflation, absolutely no reason Canelo/Benavidez can't ask for and get similar.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                    Then he should be stripped of the belt... Too bad Sulaiman is as corrupt as it gets.
                    Won't happen. Not even sure when or if anyone enforced a mandatory on Clenelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X