Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Hrgovic's chances against Joshua from 1 to 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 seems about right. His performances generally arent very eye catching but actually beating him will take some work. Hes got the size, hes pretty skilled and hes in his prime. It'll be AJs best opponent since Usyk.

Comment

I think he has a good chance. About 6. He is a big strong guy with a very solid chin and staamina. Maybe he would be the hardest hitter Joshua ever fought.

Comment

2 out of 10

Hrgovic is a 32 year old man with not a SINGLE good win on his record

He's totally unproven and the fact his team have ducked all challenges for his 8 years as a pro tells me all I need to know. He's only like 2 years younger than AJ which is shocking when you compare achievements.

I do not rate this Hrgovic guy, AJ destroys him and gets very little credit for it due to Hrgovic atrocious resume he will be easily labelled a hype job.

​​​​​
        Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 03-13-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I would say 3, since AJ is really fighting well lately. It's funny that it looks to me that Hrgovic would actually have more chances against Usyk. He likes smaller opponents and know how to keep them at distance and punish them when they try to come closer. Even big fighters like Mckean and Zhang were of his height but he had significantly bigger reach. AJ is of the same height AND reach. That will certainly create a need for adjustments in his style.
          And as I said, AJ is in a really great shape lately, so it will be necessary to beat the best version of AJ. I bet that he hopes to fight Usyk, due to his style and size (please note I am not saying that AJ is better then Usyk, just that Usyk would fit him better... and as we all know, styles make fights).

Comment

20% at best.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              I think he has a good chance. About 6. He is a big strong guy with a very solid chin and staamina. Maybe he would be the hardest hitter Joshua ever fought.
              I say about a 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior7 View Post
                I would say 3, since AJ is really fighting well lately. It's funny that it looks to me that Hrgovic would actually have more chances against Usyk. He likes smaller opponents and know how to keep them at distance and punish them when they try to come closer. Even big fighters like Mckean and Zhang were of his height but he had significantly bigger reach. AJ is of the same height AND reach. That will certainly create a need for adjustments in his style.
                And as I said, AJ is in a really great shape lately, so it will be necessary to beat the best version of AJ. I bet that he hopes to fight Usyk, due to his style and size (please note I am not saying that AJ is better then Usyk, just that Usyk would fit him better... and as we all know, styles make fights).
                Zhang and McKean DID not have greater reach than Hrgovic. But you are tight when you say Hrgovic can punish them up close or at range.

Comment

Hrgovic chances are because of:
                  • size
                  • strength
                  • good chin
                  Where his huge weakness is:
                  • slow
                  • one-dimensional
                  • poor head movement
                  Philip used to be faster when he was younger, but the weird thing is that he isn't old at all. He must be in his prime now. If he can work over his head movement a bit and improve the speed, I'll give him maybe the chance of 7 against AJ. Currently, I am not sure, maybe 5. He must usually be around 7, but I can't tell if it is because of wrong training methods or if this is his best.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
                    Hrgovic chances are because of:
                    • size
                    • strength
                    • good chin
                    Where his huge weakness is:
                    • slow
                    • one-dimensional
                    • poor head movement
                    Philip used to be faster when he was younger, but the weird thing is that he isn't old at all. He must be in his prime now. If he can work over his head movement a bit and improve the speed, I'll give him maybe the chance of 7 against AJ. Currently, I am not sure, maybe 5. He must usually be around 7, but I can't tell if it is because of wrong training methods or if this is his best.
                    Okay but he is not slow handed. His hand speed is on the + side, as is his accuracy.

He can in-fight or out fight. He has a good jab, hook and right hand. A effective uppercut and body punching too. One Dimensional??

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Okay but he is not slow handed. His hand speed is on the + side, as is his accuracy.

He can in-fight or out fight. He has a good jab, hook and right hand. A effective uppercut and body punching too. One Dimensional??
                      I agree with that, but ok - he is not fast on his feet, otherwise his hands are indeed explosive.

Yes, he is one-dimensional - back and forth like Joyce. I liked Hrgovic until his last fight where he showed an extremely dirty game. He better pull himself together and improve, he still has the chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X