AJ is good but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smash View Post
    AJ could be last man standing, hes looking sharp and focused and healthy

fury has this ready made excuse, hes either inshape and ready to go and good or out of shape and crap

usyk on form would probably beat AJ again tho, i know AJ'ers like to fantasise about him KO'ing him at bedtime but he couldnt do that and ended up on meds at the end

has AJ scaled new heights now with his even newer found mojo to destroy all, let me sleep on that one thanks
    I think you're onto something there Smash.

People loooove to beleive that they've got it all figured out.
    This applies to just about any subject.

Smart people and stupid ones are equally opinionated.

But when they start applying the word "Bum" or the term "Overrated" to a Boxer who ranks in the top 10, or a world champion with multiple title defenses; thats a pretty inarguable sign that they are talking beyond their paygrade.

The division is always in a state of evolution, and all is revealed over time.

But lack of respect signifies the unraveling of civilization.

Tyson lost, and was called a bum.
    Lennox Lewis lost, and was called a bum.
    Klitschko lost, and was called a bum. Both brothers, in fact.
    Same thing for Joshua and Wilder and Ruiz.

Fury and Usyk haven't even lost yet, but they STILL get called bum by some.
    Whoever doesn't win their upcoming fight, is going to get called a bum.

And by whom?

By people who, in the course of their natural lives will never once meet a man who would stand any chance of beating any of those gentlemen in hand to hand combat.

A clean Boxing fight; they'd get what the MMA GOAT got against "bum" Joshua; right down the pipe. DONE.

In a no rules fight; they'd get what the MMA GOAT got against "bum" Joshua; right down the pipe with two fingers in the eye sockets. Double DONE.

Anybody they'll ever meet in this world.
    It's called a WORLD championship for that reason.

WTF.
    Last edited by Willow The Wisp; 03-13-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Yet you are also saying Usyk should retire if he beats Fury as he's ATG with nothing left to prove

How dat work?
      He should.

Usyk is 2 division champ. He is about 37 old undersized hw.

If he can beat Fury, he should leave the game and not wait to become an easy target when he loses his speed.

Beatng Joshua and Fury would be huge for ex cruiserweight. 2 time undisputed would be huge.
      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-13-2024, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Fury is 35, and Joshua is 34. Wilder @ 38, is the old one.
        Fury's dealt with drugs, alcohol, weight, inactivity, and mental illness.

All of that prematurely ages you, just look at Mike Tyson, who was a complete shell of himself by 30 after all of that.
        SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Fury's dealt with drugs, alcohol, weight, inactivity, and mental illness.

All of that prematurely ages you, just look at Mike Tyson, who was a complete shell of himself by 30 after all of that.
          True, abuse to one's body does take a toll, and Fury's not exactly taking great care of himself even now.
          The D3vil The D3vil likes this.

Comment

You can bet your @$$ that Fury will train his brains out for an AJ bout. An all UK heavyweight matchup to probably determine the best UK heavyweight in the last 10 years. No way Fury would want to let AJ take that.

Fury-Usyk I have as a tossup because I think Usyk, based on his last performance is probably on a downward trend. Age doesn't help him, nor his size in the heavyweight division. You can say he looked good against AJ who was bigger than him, and it probably did, but it also required him to be hella mobile and elusive. That is something that getting older becomes harder to do. A less mobile, more stationary target Usyk is easy pickings for Fury who can move damn good for a heavyweight.

Someone mentioned a potential 3rd fight between Usyk-AJ. If that happens after the Fury fights where Usyk will be even OLDER, I think AJ pulls it off this time.

EDIT - I also don't hold much weight on the Ngannou fight. It was mostly meaningless but a huge pay day for AJ and to make boxing look good. Ngannou had no business being in there. I don't care how he did against Fury. That was a IDGAF performance by Fury and anyone who watches boxing knows that.
            Last edited by ELPacman; 03-19-2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

He is as good as Gilberto Ramirez. They are both not good enough to beat smaller elite men ( Bivol, Usyk).

Joshua is not elite boxer, he is just elite heavyweight, because heavyweight division is full of bums that have nothing but power.

If he was 2 divisions smaller, he would have a career of Callum Smith or Ramirez.

Comment

I'm getting really tired of this 'motivated Fury' talk. Since his 'come back' after his 'mental health issues' and addiction (which he hasn't been sober anyways lol)... he's done nothing of note since the Wilder triology. How good is that win when most people don't even consider Wilder good to begin with? Fury's own fans say Wilder's a bum, some people think Wilder is one of the worst heavyweight champions of all time.

Since 2018, Wilder has been Fury's toughest fight, biggest name, most credible opponent. In comparison to Seferi, Pianeta, Schwarz, Wallin, Whyte, Chisora, and Ngannou,

Seferi: bum
                Pianeta: bum
                Scwarz: bum
                Wallin: mediocre at best and had a good night vs Fury. Oh maybe Fury just didn't take him serious right? Motivated Fury wins.
                Whyte: already got KO'd by AJ, brutally KO'd by Povetkin
                Chisora: lol
                Nhannou: Once again, Fury wasn't motivated lol...

You can't make this shyt up. Fury is no ATG.

He's not going to be able to bully Joshua the way he did Wilder. Fury struggle's when facing opponents that are taller/heavier. He has to box Joshua the way he boxed Klitschko. He has almost no chance fighting Joshua the way he did vs Wilder in their third/final fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
                  I'm getting really tired of this 'motivated Fury' talk. Since his 'come back' after his 'mental health issues' and addiction (which he hasn't been sober anyways lol)... he's done nothing of note since the Wilder triology. How good is that win when most people don't even consider Wilder good to begin with? Fury's own fans say Wilder's a bum, some people think Wilder is one of the worst heavyweight champions of all time.

Since 2018, Wilder has been Fury's toughest fight, biggest name, most credible opponent. In comparison to Seferi, Pianeta, Schwarz, Wallin, Whyte, Chisora, and Ngannou,

Seferi: bum
                  Pianeta: bum
                  Scwarz: bum
                  Wallin: mediocre at best and had a good night vs Fury. Oh maybe Fury just didn't take him serious right? Motivated Fury wins.
                  Whyte: already got KO'd by AJ, brutally KO'd by Povetkin
                  Chisora: lol
                  Nhannou: Once again, Fury wasn't motivated lol...

You can't make this shyt up. Fury is no ATG.

He's not going to be able to bully Joshua the way he did Wilder. Fury struggle's when facing opponents that are taller/heavier. He has to box Joshua the way he boxed Klitschko. He has almost no chance fighting Joshua the way he did vs Wilder in their third/final fight.
                  Hey now, this all presupposes Fury makes it past Usyk, possibly twice. I think he's so overrated that he doesn't manage that either. If he fights Usyk the way he fought Wilder in fight 3, do you honestly think he wins and makes it to AJ at all?

How about the Fury that beat Klitschko vs the AJ that beat Klitschko. Does that version of Fury win? Because I didn't think he was impressive in that fight either, and that was the biggest win of his career. Klitschko only threw 231 punches in the whole fight, when he used to LAND 50 in a round. By then his volume had really dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Hey now, this all presupposes Fury makes it past Usyk, possibly twice. I think he's so overrated that he doesn't manage that either. If he fights Usyk the way he fought Wilder in fight 3, do you honestly think he wins and makes it to AJ at all?

How about the Fury that beat Klitschko vs the AJ that beat Klitschko. Does that version of Fury win? Because I didn't think he was impressive in that fight either, and that was the biggest win of his career. Klitschko only threw 231 punches in the whole fight, when he used to LAND 50 in a round. By then his volume had really dropped.
                    Klitschko used to land 50 in a round vs the likes of 40 year old Sam Peter.

A short, 6 foot 1" slow footed, slow handed plodder with no head movement and no defence.

Make NO mistakes about it, the VAST bulk of klitschkos opponents during his 10 year reign of dominance were made up of that kind of fighter.

The kind of guys that make Andy Ruiz and Luis Ortiz look like good heavyweights.

Sam Peter, Alex Leapai, Marius Wach, Francesco Pianeta, Rusland Chagaev, Ray Austin, Calvin Brock, Eddie Chambers, Tony thompson

Theres most of Wlads title defences and they are every bit as bad as the guys Wilder defended against.

Klitschko beat two historically "good" heavyweights during his reign in David Haye and Alexander Povetkin, both were drastically undersized.

I'll admit Klitschko was a bit past his best when he fought Fury and AJ, against Fury he was a similar age to Bertebiev and Usyk now who are still dominating.

The flipside to this is that Fury and AJ are both better than anyone Wlad ever beat.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

You are 100% right. I don't know which version of Fury beats Usyk.

The Fury that fought Wilder in their third match will gas within 5 and be easily hit by Usyk.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X