No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Hasn't 'Completely Written Off' Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
    Wilder has been done ever since he left Mark Breland, & blamed him for poisoning him. That alone showed that he already had brain damage. When he made Jay Deas head trainer over Breland, he showed how dumb he really was. Jay Deas doesn't even know how to wrap hands. Wilder is done because he's dumb
    Yeah, Wilder's ego demands that his trainer be first and foremost a psychiatrist and yesman.

Comment

Always better to talk about Wilder when there's some distance there. That's been team Joshua's approach for some years now.

But it's all Wilder's fault 100%, for taking a top 10 fight (Parker) after being off for two years at age 38.
      He was within spitting distance of a long overdue Wilder - Joshua showdown, and was simply managed poorly.

If Fury, Joshua, or any top heavyweight were offered a rejuvenated Parker after a layoff like that; they'd have turned it down flat and instead come back slow & smart against the level of Jermaine Franklin, Robert Helenius, Otto Wallin, Sefer Seferi and Francesco Pianeta, before really testing themselves hard.

But Wilder took a loss, and like any fighter, has to take the slings and arrows from the fickle fans who call you Bum from very far away.
      It's OK though, because he's paid millions for playing the game.

Wilder has suffered some bumps in the road, but nothing like A.J. has, and I feel that this fight between them has lost only some of it's luster from June 2019, when the first one of them stumbled.​

Comment

wilder needs a new trainer, put a bit of weight back on, pick a patsy to KO, scream Bombsquaddddd a few times & give eddie a call for a massive foit (with eggie maybe)

Comment

Of course he hasn't. Now he sees a vulnerable Wilder is ripe for the picking. At least to put to rest "who would have won" if they ever fought arguments, despite it not being the Wilder we wanted to see.

At this point, Wilder needs another fight before going into AJ. I'm not sure I would even want to see Wilder face anyone after his last performance to even care about how well he would fare against AJ. These two are just another that will go down the long list of two fighters the public demanded for so long while they were in their "prime" of excitement, expectations, whatever. Now Wilder has become the has been. AJ took some L's but keeps going at and mostly stays active so he's look better of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            It's funny how Joshua seems to be the one chasing the Wilder fight now.He should focus on next weeks lethal boxing novice as he could be in a more embarrassing position than Wilder sooner than he thinks.
            Did you actually read the entire article? He said he thinks it's better to overestimate your opponent so you're not surprised when you fight. He also said Ngannou did so good against Fury that he's a good opponent to gauge where he is right now. All he said regarding Wilder was the fight isn't totally outside the realm of possibility but there's nothing there that would lead you to believe he's overlooking Ngannou and has Wilder on his mind. Like all high profile boxers, he gets asked questions about potential matchups and answers accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              wilder needs a new trainer, put a bit of weight back on, pick a patsy to KO, scream Bombsquaddddd a few times & give eddie a call for a massive foit (with eggie maybe)
              I don't think a new trainer is going to change Wilder at all given his age, mentality and his new found inner peace/spiritual revelation or whatever that South American tribal drug did to him. If he doesn't get back to that intense state of mind where he seemingly thrived on separating people from his senses, he's done, regardless of who he's trained by.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
                everyone else has
                That is the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

I don't think a new trainer is going to change Wilder at all given his age, mentality and his new found inner peace/spiritual revelation or whatever that South American tribal drug did to him. If he doesn't get back to that intense state of mind where he seemingly thrived on separating people from his senses, he's done, regardless of who he's trained by.
                  yeah i get ya

the trainer bit was just a bit of a ruse to build up the fight and interest saying im back better than ever with my new training regime etc

Comment

Oh please, AJ, Chisora, and Wilder need to all retire before they try to feed us more garbage fights that no one gives a sheet about. Gimme a F-ing break.

Comment

Maybe Wilder could drop down to cruiser and let Opetaia beat up on him ?

Comment

Working...
                      X