Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamaine Ortiz: I Felt Like I Dominated The Fight [With Teofimo Lopez]; 117-111 Was Pretty Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effective aggression, clean punching, ring generalship, defense. Lopez showed none of those.
    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Jamaine Ortiz: I Felt Like I Dominated are you on drugs or bipolar, man I can get more landed shots between two 4 year olds GTFOH! I give you the close as hell win and totally agree about the ludacris scoring but we all thought we were at a track meet.

Comment

Ortiz may have won the fight but lost the decision due to his unwillingness to take risks and engage. If I said it once then I have said it a thousand times.

One cannot expect to reasonably defeat the champion by fighting off the back foot with a very low punch output and work rate. Judges often look at body language when judging fights.

If a challenger fights likes he doesn't want it; Then chances are the judges aren't going to give it to him. You have to take the fight to the champion in order to convince the judges that you want it a lot more. However, Ortiz did not do that.
        TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

This fight reminded me of Froch vs Dirrel from the original super 6 tournament. Direly arguably won the fight but ran to much to take the belt from Froch, especially in England.
          ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Ortiz may have won the fight but lost the decision due to his unwillingness to take risks and engage. If I said it once then I have said it a thousand times.
            Did that even qualify as a fight? I think Teo is also to blame for not having the basic skills to cut off the ring, but geez. About the only thing that can be said here is that they threw more punches barely than Shakur v DLS. Ortiz needs to seriously up his volume. They could all take a page from Conceicao, who ACTUALLY got robbed vs Navarrete in terms of how to lay it all on the line.
            champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

8/4 rounds Teo easy work.. this isn’t the Penn Relays fool.. how dare a Boricua fights as a Cuban SMH
              TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Did that even qualify as a fight? I think Teo is also to blame for not having the basic skills to cut off the ring, but geez. About the only thing that can be said here is that they threw more punches barely than Shakur v DLS. Ortiz needs to seriously up his volume. They could all take a page from Conceicao, who ACTUALLY got robbed vs Navarrete in terms of how to lay it all on the line.
                You are absolutely correct! Teo does deserve much of the blame also for his inability of cutting off the ring.

If he is talking about moving up in order to fight the greats like Terence Crawford; Then he needed a much better showing than what he displayed last night.

I hardly saw him land any clean punches in that fight last night as it was so boring.

Comment

J. Ortiz complete disappointment, biggest fight of your career, told us you were going to KO Lopez. But, you ran and did not fight or throw enough punches. It's nice to box some, but you need to fight. On your circus entry, you should have saved the money. Next time, concentrate in entering the ring, win the fight and then you can due all of the extra bs.

Comment

It felt like Ortiz didn't want to be there. Six rounds and still the same running and surviving. I didn't finish the fight. This sport don't need these types of fighters. People were looking forward to his comeback and many were disappointed. Could care less about the outcome and all the controversies. I'd rather just keep my mind off of it.

Comment

"Dominated" or "Survived"?

Comment

Working...
                      X