Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamaine Ortiz: I Felt Like I Dominated The Fight [With Teofimo Lopez]; 117-111 Was Pretty Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight was hard to watch with all that going in, going out, in and out, disengaging, wtf! If you can't stay for just 5 seconds in the middle of the ring, then just effing quit and stop wasting people's time. You trained for weeks and this is all you got?

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
      Yes, you dominated running like a chicken w/o a neck and did nothing to try to win. Terrible performance by both fighters. You are now in the running with Shakira for most Boring Fight of the year. Cong****
      Speaking of Shakur, Him and Ortiz should face each other next and make the winner be decided by KO, TKO, or stoppage only.

Comment

To all the "fans" that are criticizing Ortiz for how he fought, go on YT and look up fighters reaction to the fight. It'll show how little knowledge of boxing all you guys talking trash have.

Comment

I’m guessing his Cuban trainer is the one telling him he dominated? He made Rigondeaux proud Thursday night.
          Last edited by JonDP; 02-10-2024, 05:32 AM.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

It's really funny reading comments from a B-side fighter and comparing it to the folks who would justify Floyd doing even less.

Not hating on Floyd at all, the double standards are ridiculous. Weisfeld is a paid off stooge.

Ortiz is absolutely right, he made it a boring fight and dominated majority of it. Teo landed 1 good punch the whole fight along with an intentional headbutt. Ortiz hit him with jabs and check hooks all night. Feel bad for the kid, he got royally screwed.

Comment

They both deserved to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by remmy0112 View Post
                Something I've noticed, in situations like this when neither fighter did much to really deserve a win why don't more ppl call for a draw or why dont we see fights scored as draws? I think if we started seeing more draws as results rather than either rewarding a guy for running (I.e. Shakur's recent win) or gifting a fighter a win to pad their record (or title defenses) when they chase but don't know how to effectively chase by cutting off the ring (I.e. Teo in this fight) and therefore arguably was less effective than his opponent but u don't gift the guy who ran either because the point is to "HIT and not get hit" . I guess my point is imo. (As someone who can appreciate a fine defensive performance others might consider runnig) ortiz doesn't deserve the win because although he was good at avoiding Teo 's offense he didn't provide much of any himself. I don't think Teo deserved a win either because for the most part his offense was as ineffective as ortiz's absent offense. Can't give em both a loss so call it a draw, champ keeps the belt but not a win and challenger doesn't get undeserved belt but doesn't get undeserved loss.

The Judges can't just decide to !make a fight a draw , they have to score each round individually. I get what you're saying , but it doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post
                  I To take the title from a champion you have dominate and beat up that person and it has to be decisive.
                  People should stop saying that. It's not true at all. It's just like any other fight , you have to win more rounds , that's it. There's no extra points for being the Champion. Stop spreading that old wives tale.

Comment

Working...
                  X