Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue On Tapales Win: It Was One Of The Most Intense Fights I've Ever Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's just being humble. It was clear he wasn't going full blast and could've chosen to turn it up and get Tapales out of there at several points. He wanted to give the fans a show and chose to stand still in front of Tapales and engage in exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
      Tapales new he couldn't keep taking anymore big shots, that was enough. he fought ten times better than fulton, I think he would beat fulton easily.
      It doesn't work that way.

Comment

Tapales did much better than expected, fought back and had some success, more than any other opponent except nonito in the first fight as far as I can remember ...
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Tapales new he couldn't keep taking anymore big shots, that was enough. he fought ten times better than fulton, I think he would beat fulton easily.
          Tamales fought x3 better than spence. Tamales is a pfp fighter, spence wasn't fight night

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Tamales fought x3 better than spence. Tamales is a pfp fighter, spence wasn't fight night
            "Tamales". Yummy! Now you are making me hungry :-D

Comment

Always interesting to hear from a fighter's perspective on which fights and fighters they feel gave them their hardest moments or whom they rate high in what areas.

Sometimes it feels like you don't get a completely honest answer but those are equally interesting to hear as well.

Comment

Said before the fight I thought Tapales was going to give a better fight than people expected. He actually managed to make the Monster fight on the back foot for most of the fight, and pull out more advanced footwork like shifts and step-arounds, and use a lot more head and body defenses than usual. Typically he's been able to walk opponents down with his excellent footwork and ring awareness and power. Tapales was sharp. Landed some really good combinations too. Credit to both. Tapales will be a champ again after Inoue moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                  The last right hand was partly blocked and Inoue still sparked Tapales!Very effen impressed
                  culmination maybe ? the power of that shot alone dont know for sure he kept pointing to his temple after the fight. Good card Great card......

That co- main was unreal is Anaguchi still alive they carried him down from the ring and shouldered him into the tunnel man what a battle of wills and skills that was. How much time did he spend in the Hospital.? Was something special there on that card also. Tsut with four knock downs jezzz loosing most every round and bam four times with an eye that most places would have called it over great stuff........................

Comment

Wasn’t so much the opponent but the weight. I thought I could see inoue go to lightweight and that’d be his undoing but maybe I overestimated him. Maybe 122 or 126 is his ceiling. I’m sure he will continue to go up until he loses or he is a very close tough fight that he will wins then settles there or come back down. I hear Luis Nery is next and I rate Nery higher then Tápales so if he struggled vs Tápales, he def will have a tough night with Nery. Hope we see it next
                    Last edited by Robi13; 12-27-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

You know your stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X