No announcement yet.

Another email champ is being crowned! 

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another email champ is being crowned! 

Word on the street regarding Gervonta Davis is the wba is giving (emailing him) their 135lb championship belt due to Haneys relinquishing of all the belts.

I swear, these belt orgs are wack af. Why not order the top 2 to fight for the vacant belt?

Is Davis the Interim champ?

Comment

Luis Decubas' sleight of hand can do magic when it comes to securing WBA titles for PBC guys.
      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

If true that BS. There are so many top fighters at 135 that Davis hasn't faced or even tried to.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          Is Davis the Interim champ?
          He holds the WBA (regular) secondary belt. For most of its existence, it didn't come with a mandatory shot or the same requirements to defend it as the real belt, which is doubtless why he's collected so many of those worthless secondary belts.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            Word on the street regarding Gervonta Davis is the wba is giving (emailing him) their 135lb championship belt due to Haneys relinquishing of all the belts.

I swear, these belt orgs are wack af. Why not order the top 2 to fight for the vacant belt?
            Cause they’re going to ride the BIG money till the next BIG money comes. No money in RISKING your golden goose. I wish it was your way though.

Comment

Anyone who get's "elevated" to champion is not a real champion.

No matter what the circumstance.

Until you actually win the belt, you're not a champion.

Comment

We should actually blame the sanctioning bodies for this instead of the fighters. I'd be vocal about that but I like calling Janibek Alimkhanuly an email champion too much.

Comment

Economy man, it's affecting all aspects in life. These organizations need to collect on sanctioning fees asap. They rather get someone paying them immediately than wait to make a fight. Their excuse is, well, now that guy they just elevated can immediately command larger pay checks, so they somewhat feed each other.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Anyone who get's "elevated" to champion is not a real champion.

No matter what the circumstance.

Until you actually win the belt, you're not a champion.
                    Agreed with this one. If the champ vacates rather than fight, I tend to think it's more legit, but I tend not to think of them as a champ until they've defended the belt in that circumstance. Gotta earn it in the ring against reasonable competition. I didn't rate Haney as champ until he beat Kambosos. Makes a big difference if the real champ is still in the division too though.

Comment

Working...
                    X