Another email champ is being crowned! 

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daggum
    replied
    this is the way tanks entire career has gone. hes just taking advantage of a corrupt system and his entitlement. remember when the wba had a champ named machado? machado beat a top guy named corrales to become the one and only wba champ. tank fought cuellar, a guy moving up in weight and coming off a loss and the wba said tank you are now the wba super champ. they just totally made something up out of thin air to get tank the belt even though they already had a champ. they just wanted a "bigger" champ aka one with more money and fame and the only way they could get him is by fu-kking their own champ. they coudlnt even order tank-machado because tank would never take that fight. ever since the wba and tank have been in cahoots making sure their little "champion" gets teh easiest fights possible and that there are no obstructions to all of the bum fights he does. tank then moved up to fight a completely shot gamboa for another you guessed it wba title belt. the corruption knows no bounds
    Last edited by daggum; 12-20-2023, 05:29 PM.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Leave a comment:

• SUBZER0ED
    replied
    I'm going to need more credible evidence than "word on the street."

Leave a comment:

• tomhawq
    replied
    Tank Davis already stated his disgust over titles. He sees them like they're drenched in urine. Tank is all about money $$$$$.....
    Last edited by tomhawq; 12-20-2023, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4truth
    replied
    If it pressures Tank into fighting some contenders, I say it's all good.

Leave a comment:

• ELPacman
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
    Word on the street regarding Gervonta Davis is the wba is giving (emailing him) their 135lb championship belt due to Haneys relinquishing of all the belts.

I swear, these belt orgs are wack af. Why not order the top 2 to fight for the vacant belt?
    They rather throw their belts at big name fighters so they can start collecting that titleholder fee. Belts are literally like landlords. They don't wait. They'll get someone else into the apartment before they throw on a new coat of paint.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

That looks like that was from '09. Happened years after the creation of the super belts, and as you say, basically didn't happen until the push to eliminate the Regular belts, which started sometime before 2016. Don't remember the exact year at the moment.
    They mischaracterise what Lennox Lewis actually suggested after being forced to vacate the WBA belt at the top of that page too. His suggestions were "box offs" (referred to later on that page) between sanctioning bodies so that unified champions don't become overloaded with mandatories.

Leave a comment:

• crimsonfalcon07
    replied
    Originally posted by dan-b View Post

In searching for something else I inadvertently turned up this page re. WBA super champions: "The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division."

If you were a WBA 'regular' beltholder, you could reasonably assume the above statement entitled you to a shot at the super champion. As we both know, that rarely happened in practice.
    That looks like that was from '09. Happened years after the creation of the super belts, and as you say, basically didn't happen until the push to eliminate the Regular belts, which started sometime before 2016. Don't remember the exact year at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Can you provide some evidence for that?
    In searching for something else I inadvertently turned up this page re. WBA super champions: "The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division."

If you were a WBA 'regular' beltholder, you could reasonably assume the above statement entitled you to a shot at the super champion. As we both know, that rarely happened in practice.

Leave a comment:

• -Kev-
    replied
    Organizations are very literally just handing out belts now. You no longer have to win them.

Leave a comment:

• crimsonfalcon07
    replied
    Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Found this article on the WBA's website from 22/12/2012 regarding Klitschko - Povetkin being a mandatory defence. Doesn't answer the question about the regular champ's mandatory entitlement generally though.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that those cases were exceptions. I know you agree that the alphabet organizations are useless, and the Regular belt is a particular stain.
    dan-b dan-b El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X