Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another email champ is being crowned! 

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a true "email champ" scenario. Tank already held the WBA 'regular' and the plan has been to eliminate these. With the 'super' champion gone, he becomes the sole titleholder at 135. The best the WBA can do is enforce a strong mandatory on him, which hopefully they will do.

Comment

straight to the junk folder

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Anyone who get's "elevated" to champion is not a real champion.

No matter what the circumstance.

Until you actually win the belt, you're not a champion.
        That reminds me of Ken Norton, awarded a WBC title without a fight and losing it in his first defence...
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

secondary titlists have been elevated a lot for at least 20 years. i don't understand this "e-mail champ" nonsense.
          when ken norton won a final eliminator and ali vacated, he was elevated to full champion. norton wasn't even an interim champion, just a #1 contender. that was in 1978.
          there were a lot of cases in the bareknuckle era when a champion was stripped and the title was awarded to somebody else. there were cases when the new champion was 0-0 and similar. ratings didn't even exist then, let alone interim belts. so this is not something new. i don't understand everybody's outrage in recent years.

Comment

Its one of those cases where it doesn't matter much since Tank is with or without a belt a top 135lber.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Is Davis the Interim champ?
              Regular (whatever that means)

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
                This is not a true "email champ" scenario. Tank already held the WBA 'regular' and the plan has been to eliminate these. With the 'super' champion gone, he becomes the sole titleholder at 135. The best the WBA can do is enforce a strong mandatory on him, which hopefully they will do.
                Originally posted by drablj View Post
                secondary titlists have been elevated a lot for at least 20 years. i don't understand this "e-mail champ" nonsense.
                when ken norton won a final eliminator and ali vacated, he was elevated to full champion. norton wasn't even an interim champion, just a #1 contender. that was in 1978.
                there were a lot of cases in the bareknuckle era when a champion was stripped and the title was awarded to somebody else. there were cases when the new champion was 0-0 and similar. ratings didn't even exist then, let alone interim belts. so this is not something new. i don't understand everybody's outrage in recent years.
                ​Crimson said it best
                Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                He holds the WBA (regular) secondary belt. For most of its existence, it didn't come with a mandatory shot or the same requirements to defend it as the real belt, which is doubtless why he's collected so many of those worthless secondary belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  We should actually blame the sanctioning bodies for this instead of the fighters. I'd be vocal about that but I like calling Janibek Alimkhanuly an email champion too much.
                  First ever email unification

Comment

I remember Sergio Martinez was emailed a belt too
                    I think it was the WBC 154 belt despite fighting at middleweight

You Can Never Trust These ABC belts

Comment

Well it's the wba so it makes sense. They do what ****** al says.

So would this make him "officially " a 2 division champ?

Comment

Working...
                      X