Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto Motivated For Some 'Get Back' in Robert Guerrero Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto was very hyped to the point he was on the cusp on getting a Pacqiuao or Mayweather fight, had he beaten Victor Ortiz he would've gotten one of the other.

Comment

Why are these guys fighting in 2023? Might as well have Foreman and Holmes go at it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
        Okay, he was never the man to beat at 147, he did not have a high ring IQ and he’s not a Haitian native, lol. Who writes these articles?
        I'm fairly certain it's Chat GPT. This Hans Moleman character doesn't exist. It's always the same. They take a quote from social media, run it in the headline, and the AI cooks up the rest of the fluff. Then it repeats the quote in the headline at the end.

A waste of a click.

Comment

I'm sure Berto is not getting $1 million for this fight.

Comment

Berto had a decent career. He should just hang it up. Same goes for Ghost.

Berto vs notable names:
            W vs Steve Forbes UD 12
            W vs Luis Collazo UD 12
            W vs Juan Urango UD 12
            L vs Victor Ortiz UD 12
            W vs Jan Zaveck RTD 6
            L vs Robert Guerrero UD 12
            L vs Floyd Mayweather UD 12
            W vs Victor Ortiz KO 4
            L vs Shawn Porter TKO 9
            W vs Devon Alexander SD 12

6-4 vs fighters that won at least one world title (no interim or regular)

The Alexander fight was 5 years ago and both guys were washed at the time. Should've just left it there.

Guerrero vs notable names:
            W vs Juan Polo Perez TKO 2
            L vs Gamaliel Diaz SD 12
            W vs Gamaliel Diaz KO 6
            W vs Erik Aiken RTD 8
            ND vs Orlando Salido (originally a UD 12 loss, Salido failed a drug test)
            W vs Malcolm Klassen UD 12
            W v Joel Casamayor UD 10
            W vs Andre Berto UD 12
            L vs Floyd Mayweather UD 12
            L vs Keith Thurman UD 12
            L vs Danny Garcia UD 12
            L vs Omar Figueroa TKO 3
            W vs Victor Ortiz UD 10

7-5-0-1 vs fighters that won at least won world title in their career (not including interim or regular)

Again, he should've retired after the Ortiz fight. Both guys were washed and it was over 2 years ago.

At least if they fight each other we don't have to see either of them get knocked out in the first round by some journeyman bum.

Comment

I remember when berto had hype behind him similar to jaron Ennis does now because he was beating up C level calibur fighters and getting lots of stoppage wins and he had athletic gifts like Ennis does and then he beat a lesser guy for the vacant WBC title and then when he stepped it up a little bit after that his performances started to be less impressive and then obviously he had the hit and miss career he had. Be interesting to see how jaron Ennis will look when he does finally fight some highly ranked guys I think him against Mario Barrios would be a good fight.. as for Berto even though his career was hit and miss hes still a two time welterweight champion and probably made some decent money especially in the Mayweather fight but I don't really need to see him or Guerrero fight again but if it's just against eachother and nobody serious after than okay
              Last edited by Boxing2695; 11-08-2023, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Mayweather? Who’d just beaten Mosley who was coming off KO’ing Margarito.

Berto was a just a belt holder. Same as Senchenko, Zaveck etc.
                in 2009-2010 when he was scheduled to fight Mosley he was considered the consensus #3-4 behind those guys. He was favoured to beat Mosley at that time which I disagreed with, I never rated Berto highly but he had a lot of hype behind him.

Was basically another Adrien Broner before Broner but in 2009-10 atleast he was considered one of the top guys at 147.

I thought he lost to Collazo.

Comment

Yeah I think it was Mosley who Berto was scheduled to fight, then Andre went rushing to his earthquake strucked Haiti scrapping the fight. Some people said he did so to duck the Mosley fight. Nobody knows, except him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

in 2009-2010 when he was scheduled to fight Mosley he was considered the consensus #3-4 behind those guys. He was favoured to beat Mosley at that time which I disagreed with, I never rated Berto highly but he had a lot of hype behind him.

Was basically another Adrien Broner before Broner but in 2009-10 atleast he was considered one of the top guys at 147.

I thought he lost to Collazo.
                    Yeah it was the Haiti Earthquake which got that fight cancelled if remember correctly. Then Shane opted to fight Floyd in May rather than rescheduling.

I was picking Mosley too, although I was kind of 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah it was the Haiti Earthquake which got that fight cancelled if remember correctly. Then Shane opted to fight Floyd in May rather than rescheduling.

I was picking Mosley too, although I was kind of 50/50.
                      Yeah it was because Berto flew over there to help. I think Floyd then swooped in on Mosley at that point. I went to that fight in Vegas.

I picked Mosley KO especially coming off that Margarito win where he looked unbelievable. Mosley was P4P #3 back then people forget that, despite being passed his best days.

Comment

Working...
                      X