Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC, Showtime Scrap 12/9 PPV Show; Final Showtime Boxing Telecast In Works For 12/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of "muh favourite promoter" above.

Another delay for Stanionis. The WBA should be mandating consolidation with Crawford. That mandatory has been delayed for two years at least.
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
      Whatever happens next, I will miss Showtime boxing like I miss HBO boxing. Having big media outlets behind the sport kept it vibrant even when the cards were not great. The streaming business model requires these services to be more focused to the audience they need, as opposed the basic cable model of appealing to a ton of different viewers. Boxing needs a sports-centric service or network. It is just the wave of the current media. People cannot afford to, or refuse to, subscribe to a ton of streaming services. Sports fans will find their sports services just fine. PBC needs to find that platform.
      I couldn’t agree with you more. I miss HBO boxing and will certainly miss Showtime boxing. I loved their platforms and find it sad and disappointing this is the end of another era.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

You think the boxing world still cares about Thurman, Garcia, and Lara? ******. Nobody cares about old, rich mother f**ckers that barely fight. Thurman and Garcia quit on the sport half a decade ago and their skills eroded. F**ck all those PBC silk pajama privileged losers.
        You're an idiot. I was speaking from the business standpoint. I know your little feelings are hurt because the fighters you look up to and obsess over don't come out that often, but it doesn't change the fact that Thurman and and Garcia are draws, and fans like you who cry and complain still pony up to watch them no matter long they've been gone.

I know you miss them, but you'll see them again soon. Keep your head up, champ.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          Lots of "muh favourite promoter" above.

Another delay for Stanionis. The WBA should be mandating consolidation with Crawford. That mandatory has been delayed for two years at least.
          That's exactly what I was thinking! Stanionis can't catch a break! Hopefully PBC's deal with Amazon Prime goes through, and we get Stanionis vs. Thurman in early 2024! I also want to see what happens with Boots Ennis! He's not signed to PBC, and SHO is out of the boxing business! Now what does he do???

dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post

You're an idiot. I was speaking from the business standpoint. I know your little feelings are hurt because the fighters you look up to and obsess over don't come out that often, but it doesn't change the fact that Thurman and and Garcia are draws, and fans like you who cry and complain still pony up to watch them no matter long they've been gone.

I know you miss them, but you'll see them again soon. Keep your head up, champ.
            You're dumb, bro.

Comment

Of course Thurman vs Stanionis and probably Colbert vs Valenzuela II won’t happen in 2023 now.

The only good fights on that card and we won’t get them this year.

Comment

Feel bad for Stanionis here.
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Here's the danger: Haymon will try to move those fights over to Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                    fuq it on to something bigger and better. Please let PBC sign with Espn and team up with top rank
                    If you listen to the rumours, Top Ranks own contract with ESPN will not be renewed in 2025.
                    Doubt they double down with two companies who rarely work together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      That's exactly what I was thinking! Stanionis can't catch a break! Hopefully PBC's deal with Amazon Prime goes through, and we get Stanionis vs. Thurman in early 2024! I also want to see what happens with Boots Ennis! He's not signed to PBC, and SHO is out of the boxing business! Now what does he do???
                      Presumably Ennis could enforce his mandatory status with the IBF but without a promoter backing him it's unclear if anyone would want to pay for that fight. Do you know if the sanctioning bodies have announced anything about where things stand with the rotation now Crawford has all the belts?

Comment

Working...
                      X