Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC, Showtime Scrap 12/9 PPV Show; Final Showtime Boxing Telecast In Works For 12/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    However, who has anybody for Boots to fight @ 147? Crawford has ALL the straps @ 147! Crawford is with PBC! think Boots should sign with Mayweather ASAP!
    Crawford will eventually vacate them though, especially if he moves to 154 for Jermell or Tszyu. Ennis should make an effort to get TC, but also try to fight the other contenders.

I think what you mean to say is...Ennis should sign with Haymon and use Floyd/Ellerbe as his promotional front. Mayweather really only knows how to promote himself, and he doesn't have a stable worth discussing. Ennis will be in Floyd's shadow.

Ennis needs a promotional relationship that will result in consistent activity.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 11-02-2023, 06:13 PM.
    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

How shameless it would've been to put Thurman and Garcia on a PPV on 2023.
      _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Seems Paramount is making extensive audits of their resources and don't want to lose money any further. Makes me wonder about Canelo's 2 remaining fights with PBC.

Comment

So the Berto vs Guerrero II made it to the November date. A fight nobody anticipated to be in.

Which other fight made it before Showtime's final exit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Nah, it's just Bud! He said Boots ain't "BIG" enough! He only wants "BIG" fights!
            And he's 36 years old with 40 pro fights. I think he's allowed to do that at this point. He just spent 5 years being frozen out by PBC. Now he's going to do them favors?
            RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
              Seems Paramount is making extensive audits of their resources and don't want to lose money any further. Makes me wonder about Canelo's 2 remaining fights with PBC.
              You don't think him fighting the ******ed Charlo brother next will be a big seller?

Comment

Wonder where PBC could find another business deal as good as Showtime's, if not better than.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

And he's 36 years old with 40 pro fights. I think he's allowed to do that at this point. He just spent 5 years being frozen out by PBC. Now he's going to do them favors?
                  He does have that right, he just won't be doing it with the IBF Title! I don't have a problem with what Crawford is doing, I just have a problem with people trying to blame Boots, when it was Spence and Crawford that did NOT want the smoke with Boots! Boots has been begging for that work!!!

Comment

This is the beginning of the end to Boxing as we know it. HBO and Showtime was Boxing. Sure ABC was it back in the day but without the paid subscription boxing it is dead. There is no longer a future of boxing on broadcast television. Certainly not for what boxers wish to be paid. It was a nice run Boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X