Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All jokes aside ; I was really wanting to see Joe beat the **** out of Manfredo.

I just really dislike all those *******s from "The Contender" who take the easy route into this sport while the much more deserving guys break their balls over on ESPN, Versus, and in smoke filled venues throughout the world.

So I wanted to se Manfredo get massacred, but the referee stole that from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
      Man, that stoppage is beyond ridiculous, even Calzaghe would agree.
      i dont know he might say "he kicked his arse" like he says he did to hopkins. it's like he thinks we don't have eyes and didn't just watch the fight. or he's just a total ****head either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        All jokes aside ; I was really wanting to see Joe beat the **** out of Manfredo.

I just really dislike all those *******s from "The Contender" who take the easy route into this sport while the much more deserving guys break their balls over on ESPN, Versus, and in smoke filled venues throughout the world.

So I wanted to se Manfredo get massacred, but the referee stole that from me.
        Likewise, I hated all of those contender ****s, and I loved seeing Forrest own Mora in the rm, and seeing Cotto smash Gomez.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          i wouldn't write off manfredo so soon. he has revenge on his mind and a picture of calzaghe on his mirror.

i dont know how to imbed videos but check him out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1xrVB3vXk
          ****, could be a big rematch.

To embed videos, on each video page, to the right where the video description is you will see two little boxes (one says Url, the other says Embed). Copy the text from the embed box and then paste it in the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i dont know he might say "he kicked his arse" like he says he did to hopkins. it's like he thinks we don't have eyes and didn't just watch the fight. or he's just a total ****head either way.
            Joe was schooling Torres and the ref obviously forgot it was a pro fight and enforced the amateur mercy rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              I was pissed about that one, too.

I remember that day vividly, actually.

I had gotten off of work early, and HBO was showing the fight here in the States in the mid-afternoon hours, like 4 or 5 PM I think.

I had literally just gotten in the door, I sat down, cracked open a bottle of Corona, and turned it on.

The fight was over before I even got halfway through my beer.

Such a disappointment.
              Horrible...I think I was looking forward to that fight for ages. God knows why.

Comment

• Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                ****, could be a big rematch.

To embed videos, on each video page, to the right where the video description is you will see two little boxes (one says Url, the other says Embed). Copy the text from the embed box and then paste it in the thread.
                thanks. here is the devastation for all to see.

Comment

• Quick question all!

Why did Calzgaghe rematch Mario Veit when he had TKO'ed him? Yet not against those he had split decision losses to - Reid and Hopkins?

Another one is,

pre the Hopkins fights, Joe was claiming that

"Hopkins is too old and that will be the overriding factor in the fight."
                  (this aids justification that Joe was relying on Hopkins age to defeat him, also, it kind of reinforces the argument that Joe waited for Hopkins to get old before fighting him - same sort of of argument for Jones too).

"If I lose to Hopkins, I'll retire and never show my face again".
                  (So, he did kind of lose, does that split decision not rectify a rematch, I think so?)

??
                  Last edited by Walterson; 10-10-2009, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                    Quick question all!

Why did Calzgaghe rematch Mario Veit when he had TKO'ed him? Yet his split decision losses against Reid and Hopkins?

Another one is,

pre the Hopkins fights, Joe was claiming that

"Hopkins is too old and that will be the overriding factor in the fight."
                    (this aids justification that Joe was relying on Hopkins age to defeat him, also, it kind of reinforces the argument that Joe waited for Hopkins to get old before fighting him - same sort of of argument for Jones too).

"If I lose to Hopkins, I'll retire and never show my face again".
                    (So, he did kind of lose, does that split decision not rectify a rematch, I think so)

??
                    Great post. I mean Bernard lost twice(close loses, but still) to Jermaine Taylor before fighting Joe.

Bernard gave Joe his toughest fight ever at 43 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
                      Great post. I mean Bernard lost twice(close loses, but still) to Jermaine Taylor before fighting Joe.

Bernard gave Joe his toughest fight ever at 43 years old.
                      Can't argue with that, even Joe said during the post fight interview that he had to "really dig deep during the fight".

Comment

Working...
                      X