Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor on Lopez Fight: My Legs Were Gone By Fourth, Fifth Round; I Strayed From the Game Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
    Josh had too much pre fight activity in the locker room. 50 minute aerobic work out before the first bell- lack of understanding caused his fatigue
    Not the 16 months out? Anyone would look shot and lack stamina under those conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      What took his legs away were those clean solid right hands that Teo was landing. To Taylor's credit and as I expected there was not quit in him and he continued to try to win.
      Taylor started to shut down after the first two rounds. Taylor had Teo looking uncomfortable. But then the 16 months inactivity came into play as planned. Right hands weren't even landing at this point. But nice narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        That was the whole point of the set up. You've been out for 16 months. They were banking on you looking shot. That's exactly how you looked. These set ups have been going on for years now in mass numbers. But no one sees what is going on? Strange. Very strange.
        Judges still tried to give it to Taylor. Taylor would have retained his belt on a tie if they could have given him the 12th round... If anyone was getting setup, it was Teo. I suspect Arum is tired of both of these clowns.

But Lopez had Taylor's number. Taylor looked fine for the first couple rounds, but Lopez was taking his best shots and wobbling Taylor with his own shots, so Taylor knew he didn't even have a puncher's chance. It was all downhill from there. There's a point in 4 that Taylor caught Teo flush, and Teo didn't even acknowledge it, and hit Taylor back hard a moment later and you can see it on Taylor's face on the break. He knew he didn't have any answers, and that he wasn't going to outbox Teo, or outwork him on the inside, and that if anyone was getting knocked out, it wasn't going to be Teo.

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post
          Is it just me or is Taylor declining, he's never had the greatest gas tank but he's been lacking a lot energy in recent fights. It could just be he peaked against Prograis and he'll never have another performance like that but the man I saw then isn't the man I saw on Saturday.

Full congratulations to Lopez though, he's an excellent fighter on the back-foot; he just needs to improve his front foot game and he'll be a tough man to beat.
          Taylor was active when facing Prograis. Taylor here was out of the ring for 16 months. How are you not getting this? Just take a look at all the Americans and Mexicans opponents over the last 5 years. Tell me what do you see? You can't miss it. If you do miss it, i have serious questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
            It's ok mini-Fury, just give your boy Tipsy King a call, have a few shots, sniff a little booger sugar, and fuhgitt about it. Fight and destroy a few Euro-boxers in the UK at 147, and all of the media will jump on your bandwagon again. Then, come and get beat to sleep by Boots or Vergil for a big payday, and repeat .
            Will Taylor be inactive again like the Americans are looking for? If so, he'll likely lose. If not, it's pretty much guaranteed, you will lose. That's why you've been forced into this position in the first place. You can't compete at the top level without a loaded table. The facts see to that.

How do you feel about this level of cowardice? To me it looks degrading and humiliating. But then again, you've always been people who are about the perception. But i see you. I see it all.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Judges still tried to give it to Taylor. Taylor would have retained his belt on a tie if they could have given him the 12th round... If anyone was getting setup, it was Teo. I suspect Arum is tired of both of these clowns.

But Lopez had Taylor's number. Taylor looked fine for the first couple rounds, but Lopez was taking his best shots and wobbling Taylor with his own shots, so Taylor knew he didn't even have a puncher's chance. It was all downhill from there. There's a point in 4 that Taylor caught Teo flush, and Teo didn't even acknowledge it, and hit Taylor back hard a moment later and you can see it on Taylor's face on the break. He knew he didn't have any answers, and that he wasn't going to outbox Teo, or outwork him on the inside, and that if anyone was getting knocked out, it wasn't going to be Teo.
              Teo was the one set up?

Bob wanted Taylor to mess Catterall around and force him to walk away with frustration by claiming he was injured. This would allow Bob to keep Taylor out of the ring for Teo who he will keep active. After the Kambosas loss Teo had a warm up fight to get back into winning ways and get the wheels greased. Then he'd fight a southpaw in preparation for Taylor against a short notice Martin to give Teo the advantage. However, it backfired because Teo is shlt. They then rip Martin off on the cards like they do with everyone else who beats their fighters. Bob then gets the WBO to make Teo the mandatory even though you couldn't unless corruption is at play. This would then put Taylor in a position of giving up his title to take a warm up fight, or his pride will get the better of him because he's got people calling him a coward due to ducking the Catterall rematch. Bob is counting on his pride and not wanting to give up another title. Taylor accepts the fight as his pride got the best of him. Bob and Teo's plan works. Taylor looks shot with his timing and accuracy absolutely off as you would expect with the 16 months out. Teo takes the win.

But you see it the other way round? Wow. Don't tell me, you see it the other way round too with all the other Americans and Mexicans who are getting inactive opponents en mass or sabotaging them in other ways to make sure they can't win? Is that correct?
              Last edited by Sid-Knee; 06-13-2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Taylor was active when facing Prograis. Taylor here was out of the ring for 16 months. How are you not getting this? Just take a look at all the Americans and Mexicans opponents over the last 5 years. Tell me what do you see? You can't miss it. If you do miss it, i have serious questions.
                I don't always think inactivity is a bad thing, if you're maintaining a healthy lifestyle because some fighter's need a rest.
                ​​​​​​I think Taylor issues are to do with bad habits not inactivity because the decline has been visible for me in his last three fights. However, he could of just peaked against Prograis and now he's stagnated.

Comment

Taylor started to shut down after the first two rounds. Taylor had Teo looking uncomfortable. But then the 16 months inactivity came into play as planned. Right hands weren't even landing at this point. But nice narrative.
                  What fight did you watch? Then again everyone steer clear from talking to you because you are a wacky poster.

Comment

all these fighters suddenly have problems with the weight once they fight a top level fighter...

Comment

what do you mean 'nice narrative'? its what happened, once Teo started landing he went into his shell, he was outgunned... why is there an excuse every damn time someone loses taylor is a solid fighter but he was fortunate to be based in probably the easiest weight class going, in any other weight he would be a fringe world level type guy, he had a good run but fighters like ramirez, prograis arent elite level fighters, if prograis moved up a few pounds to welterweight and fought someone like spence hed get absolutely battered

Comment

Working...
                      X