Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor on Lopez Fight: My Legs Were Gone By Fourth, Fifth Round; I Strayed From the Game Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post

I don't always think inactivity is a bad thing, if you're maintaining a healthy lifestyle because some fighter's need a rest.
    ​​​​​​I think Taylor issues are to do with bad habits not inactivity because the decline has been visible for me in his last three fights. However, he could of just peaked against Prograis and now he's stagnated.
    You believe being out that long is fine? Americans and Mexicans are targeting them for no reason. It's a "Coincidence"?

Do you see any Americans and Mexicans taking fights at the top level when they're inactive against active opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

What fight did you watch? Then again everyone steer clear from talking to you because you are a wacky poster.
      Tell me about these right hands that landed in the first two rounds that supposedly shut Taylor down? What time on the clock in these rounds did it happen?

I'm not the wacky one here. The facts and rational are always on my side. Never the one i'm discussing with. Funny that isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Madison View Post
        all these fighters suddenly have problems with the weight once they fight a top level fighter...
        Who are all these fighters having "Problems" once they fight a "Top level" opponent?

Taylor beat Postal, Prograis and Ramirez at the top level when active and making the weight good. You could clearly see Taylor having struggles with the cut against Catterall. Then you add in the 16 months out which is why he looked shot in there.

Comment

Mind was shot as well. Respect to Teo. Teo has a very creative style. It will be interesting to see what happens against prograis and the other top dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Madison View Post

what do you mean 'nice narrative'? its what happened, once Teo started landing he went into his shell, he was outgunned... why is there an excuse every damn time someone loses taylor is a solid fighter but he was fortunate to be based in probably the easiest weight class going, in any other weight he would be a fringe world level type guy, he had a good run but fighters like ramirez, prograis arent elite level fighters, if prograis moved up a few pounds to welterweight and fought someone like spence hed get absolutely battered
            Taylor started to slow down after a few rounds because your stamina isn't anywhere near to it's best being so inactive. How are you struggling with this? Are you serious here?

Who has excuses made for them when they lose? If it's legit, then yeah. Why else do you think these opponents are being targeted by Americans and Mexicans en mass? Look at all their opponents over the last 5 years. Are you seriously saying you don't have a problem with this? It's the only way they can get wins. They don't have any wins really over top fighters without these conditions being at play. How many wins can you name that are straight down the line and legitimate? Give it a think.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              Josh had too much pre fight activity in the locker room. 50 minute aerobic work out before the first bell- lack of understanding caused his fatigue
              I saw some of that and thought it seemed excessive but figured they know what theyre doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

You believe being out that long is fine? Americans and Mexicans are targeting them for no reason. It's a "Coincidence"?

Do you see any Americans and Mexicans taking fights at the top level when they're inactive against active opponents?
                I believe fighters know there body better than me or anyone else; I also know rest is good physically and mentally for boxer's.

Inactivity or ring rust shouldn't be an excuse for any professional boxer's living the right lifestyle. Taylor in those sixteen months should of been in the gym working with quality sparring partners, fixing the issues, which were prevalent against Catterall.

I don't believe there's any conspiracy targeting British fighters. Now if American or Mexicans were holding British fighters hostages to stop them from being active maybe you would have an argument but it seems British fighters are opting to sit out. Remember Taylor choose this path over Catterall.
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Tell me about these right hands that landed in the first two rounds that supposedly shut Taylor down? What time on the clock in these rounds did it happen?

I'm not the wacky one here. The facts and rational are always on my side. Never the one i'm discussing with. Funny that isn't it.
                  LOL. Facts and rational always on your side. That alone there says how wacky you are.

Comment

What does a fighter do when his legs are gone?

What should the trainer tell him?

Is it possible for the legs to come back in later rounds?
                    Or are they gone for good until the end of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post

I believe fighters know there body better than me or anyone else; I also know rest is good physically and mentally for boxer's.

Inactivity or ring rust shouldn't be an excuse for any professional boxer's living the right lifestyle. Taylor in those sixteen months should of been in the gym working with quality sparring partners, fixing the issues, which were prevalent against Catterall.

I don't believe there's any conspiracy targeting British fighters. Now if American or Mexicans were holding British fighters hostages to stop them from being active maybe you would have an argument but it seems British fighters are opting to sit out. Remember Taylor choose this path over Catterall.
                      They're not just targeting British fighters. They're targeting anyone they can get their hands on.

Can you not give me any wins for Americans or Mexicans who have been out for a long period of time against an active opponent? it's a simple question.

The fight won't happen if the advantage isn't in play. They'll lose otherwise. Why, who are these Americans and Mexicans with top level wins when they're fighting an opponent that is active and ready to go? Again, another simple question.

Comment

Working...
                      X