Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Markowski Does Not View Price Hikes as Risk: This is a Calculated Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pisses me off besides the big increase and more PPV's is that the Brits are paying 99 pounds ($120) to the States' $224.
    job43 job43 Wacked_Out Wacked_Out like this.

Comment

I was a day one sub, and I’ve cancelled.
      Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

Mostly S--t fights on A s--t app with S--ttier prices.

I'll Pop champagne when these clowns go out of business.

The whole sport needs A cleanse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

I remain confused about how this affects existing subscribers long term. DAZN FAQ page says existing subcribers are safe for now, but seems to open the door to that changing down the road.
          1. Help
          2. FAQ
          3. Offer Structure 2023
          Offer Structure 2023

WHAT HAPPENS TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS?
          Your contract and price do not change, and you are not affected by the changes if you keep your current subscription active. This applies to our monthly, contracting, and annual upfront customers alike. If you cancel your existing subscription, you will lose the benefits of your old package once your subscription has expired, and when resubscribing, the new offer structure will apply.

WHEN WILL THINGS CHANGE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS?
          Currently, we do not plan to change anything for existing customers.

https://www.dazn.com/en-DE/help/arti...structure-2023
          Well, I waited nearly two hours to ask DAZN customer service to clarify. Put this question to them when they finally deigned to respond (this wait time was for 6 people in queue), and the guy spent five minutes not answering and then left the chat, which automatically closed.

My take is that they will choose the option that screws you over. I'd bet that you'll be subject to the new price, and that they're not making exceptions for existing customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            This isn’t good news. I wish murkowski had been the point man from day one in boxing and not made Eddie Hearn the face of the app. He really harmed their business with his arrogance and bridge burning. But that’s the entitlement, he believed he was entitled to be in charge in the usa, and how he spoke to and about American fighters and fight makers in as just appalling. I cannot ever imagine an American going to the U.K. and behaving like he did. The below comment really shows how murkowski is trying his best to control the damage that Hearn did to dazn:

“There is no resistance from Eddie on that,” Markowski adds. “And with all due respect to Eddie he doesn’t have a voice on that - it’s our business and not his.
            “It’s another misconception that Eddie runs DAZN but Eddie is a supplier of content to DAZN, a very good one, but he doesn’t sit and make strategy decisions for DAZN Group.”

….that really speaks volumes. Murkowski just put Hearn on his place. They see what damage he did to dazn both in the usa and the U.K.
            personally I like that this lad is reaching out to other boxing outfits. It would be great to see golden boy, pbc, and top rank all doing business on each others platforms. Great talk from murkowski but I do hope it’s not too late for dazn to recover and bring a positive medium to the sport.
            Yes...that one statement from Lil Joe was a clear message directed to Al, Bob and Oscar that the error....oops I mean the era of the Eddie Hearn hostile American takeover is...well over. The dazn brass knows its days are numbered and this is a hail nary desperation pass to try anything to stay in play. Eddie Hearn's arrogance will ensure that Dazn will go down as one of the most failed business models in American history! PPV IS DEAD MATE! HAHAHAHAHAHA
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post
              What pisses me off besides the big increase and more PPV's is that the Brits are paying 99 pounds ($120) to the States' $224.
              I wonder how they justify that

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Well, I waited nearly two hours to ask DAZN customer service to clarify. Put this question to them when they finally deigned to respond (this wait time was for 6 people in queue), and the guy spent five minutes not answering and then left the chat, which automatically closed.

My take is that they will choose the option that screws you over. I'd bet that you'll be subject to the new price, and that they're not making exceptions for existing customers.
                I think you're right. I was a fan of DAZN the first year I subscribed in 2019 (for Canelo-Jacobs) and they have had many good shows over the intervening years, but the value propostion and programming quality (DAZN might stand for DArts ZoNe) has dropped precipitously over the last year or so. I don't need a big push to drop them.

Comment

I think you're right. I was a fan of DAZN the first year I subscribed in 2019 (for Canelo-Jacobs) and they have had many good shows over the intervening years, but the value propostion and programming quality (DAZN might stand for DArts ZoNe) has dropped precipitously over the last year or so. I don't need a big push to drop them.
                  It gets worse. I waited another hour (with one person in queue), and they said that prices won't change for active subscriptions from 2020 or earlier.

BUT
                  This is shady as ****.

​​​​ My account clearly shows Dec 2020 join date, and I just renewed annual, but they said in their system my account shows as being March 22-23. I sent them a screenshot from my account showing that's not the case, and they said there was nothing they could do and left the chat again. This is getting illegal levels of shady. We're active duty military, so I'll be getting the JAG involved now...

Comment

A lot of people jumping ship. Including me.

Calculate that, DAZN.

Double? WTF

Sent my cancellation.
                    job43 job43 likes this.

Comment

I don't need a big push to drop them.
                      I got it all figured out finally.

Your FAQ is not for the 23 USA price hike. It's from a price hike that's relevant to subscribers outside the US. The person I was talking to that gave me all kinds of bad information was from the German team.
                      ​​​​​​
                      ​​​​​​So if you're outside the USA, your existing price will be grandfathered in IF your join date is 2020 or earlier, although there's a good chance that they may have screwed you in the system, so don't count on it.

If you're from the USA, you will eat the price hike when your renewal date comes up. There are CONFIRMED no grandfathered prices for US customers.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/help/arti...-strategy-2023

If you cancel, you will retain access until the end of your subscription date.

Also, on a side note, their systems show dates in DD/MM/YYYY, not the US convention of MM/DD/YYYY, and some of the agents make mistakes in telling you your dates.

Comment

Working...
                      X